Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Forum

Big Boned - elderly

I have lost nearly 25 lbs in a couple of months but at 205 I still am overweight...put in artificial numbers and found that only 185 will give me a normal rating.  I think that would be to much for a 70 yr old, big boned person.  Isn't there a scale for big boned, male, older persons?
You make a good point that "ideal body weight" measurements do not do a great job of taking age and body type into account.  But at the same time, there are general weight ranges that are appropriate for any given height.  You don't mention how tall you are or your fitness level in your post - someone who exercises frequently and/or lifts weights might have a higher body mass index but still be in great shape.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.