Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
1657977 tn?1302310546

serious weight issue

Why am I not losing weight ?I am eating 1300-1400 cal a day with 30-45 min brisk walk daily.It is frustrating.Please help.
4 Responses
921323 tn?1268675812
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It's hard to say without knowing more about you.  Sometimes people who are taking medications, or even have certain medical conditions like hypothyroidism or polycystic ovarian syndrome, find it especially hard to lose weight despite eating less and doing more.  Have you talked about this with your own doctor?
I am eating 700-1200 calories a day and walking everyday just to maintain my weight (I am female and weigh 155 lbs at 5' 5"). A year ago, I weighed 128 lbs. I am not on any medications. My doctor ran basic blood tests and said that my tsh level is "normal" (2.09), but I have every symptom of hypothyroidism (down to the add-like issues, the coarse and falling out hair, the hoarse voice, the cold intolerance, the depression, and the muscle aches). I share your frustration and would very much appreciate advice as well.
1356580 tn?1294263317
You need a full thyroid panel, not just a TSH test. If your doctor won't prescribe one, you can probably get it yourself. It's not all that expensive.
I would like to suggest take some suitable diet pills available on the market as well as online also. There are a lot of online and trustworthy reviews also available on the internet that may help you to make sure you are taking the right diet pill like Phrentamine-D or something in regards of losing your weight.
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.