Weight Loss Alternatives Community

B12 Shot

Is the B12 shot safe and do you really lose weigh. how much is the shot
B12 Shots are only for people who cannot make vitamin B12 naturally in their bodies, they are not for losing weight or as some suspect for giving a boost of energy - overdosing on any vitamin is not good for the body and with Vit B12 there is a minute amount of Cyanide in the injection, so I can't say it would be a good idea to use this - It is a live saver for those of us who really need it - but when your body is happy retaining and using the vitamins that are needed for good health why complicate matters by adding something that may go against that.

There is NO easy way out when it comes to losing weight! Unless the weight you carry is causing you life threatening problems - then and only then should you consider risks -

I would recommend the old favourite - balanced diet, smaller portions - eating frequent small meals and exercise.

This way you can change your lifestyle for the better without grasping for quick fix solutions which ultimately end up making you pile the weight on later on!

Jane
I was seeing a doctor for weight loss and getting b12 injections.  Along with the injections I was eating very much like a diabetic.  Low fat, low carb and minimal sugars.  While I was taking the B12 I was losing 15 - 25 lbs a month.  I decided to continue eating the same and stop getting B12 injections and my weight loss slowed considerably and my energy levels decreased.  I have been told there is no medical reason why B12 helps weight loss but for me it really worked well and I am about to go back on it again.  After 4 kids and one set of twins I have had difficulty getting the weight off and B12 is the ONLY thing that worked for me so far.  I have had  numerous gym memberships and spent many hours at the gym and I would lose a little and gain a little but minimal results were  not motivation enough to keep it up.  B12 really worked well for me I lost 62 lbs in 4 months.
oh and the shot where I live is included in a visit with the doctor and cost 70 dollars.  insurance does not cover it.
I am interested in talking B-12 shots fro weight lost. However, I cannot seem to find a Doctor in Philadelphia, Pa. Does anyone know of a place in Philadelphia? Does it really work?
I took Phentermine and B-12 injections with my doctor.  I would go once every three weeks.  The week I got the injection I would lose more weight (about 4 pounds) and 1 pound the other two weeks.  Keeping consistent with my diet and exercise.  So while I did not experience extra energy as I believe a lot of folks are looking for with the B-12 shots, it did increase my metabolism and increased my weight loss.
So while the experts feel you should only take for deficiencies, I've seen results.
Perhaps it is the FACT that I have Pernicious Anemia that I Don't see a result with the B12 injections!! When I was first diagnosed I was taking shots every day for a week, than every 2nd day, then once a week, then once a month, I now take them once every 3 months - I didn't lose a pound!! So perhaps it is because I am deficient that it is not having the affect of weight loss - just doing the job it should and keeping my levels up for a couple of months.  I would still say that caution should be exercised when taking anything for weight loss be it pills or injections - I have recently being offered two types of tabs for weight loss one acts on getting rid of fats so it gives you a really bad tummy if you eat any saturated fats and the other acts a bit like speed and affects your brain!! I don't know, though if B12 works for some of youse perhaps it is the lesser of some evils !!

Regards
J
I'm not sure if anyone is interested. I don't work for them but I have, over the past TWENTY years successfully lost weight using this center AND their B-12 injections. I'm not perfect... I like many of your, lost weight... forget WHY I tried so hard to lose the weight... gained weight back.

However.... when I just can't stand it any longer I call Physician's Weight Loss Center. I have always used their system 4 diet plan. It is 30 pounds in 10 weeks.  Their website is located at: http://www.pwlc.com  There you can obtain more information about them and possibly find a center in your area.

I have high blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol. The diet begins with a blood test and an EKG and then you start the diet after you see their doctor who just does a simple physical to make sure you are healthy enough to diet.

All I can say is... This time (it's my 4th time in 20 years)... this time, my blood pressure has dropped from 150/92 down to 116/75. I am in my fourth week.  I am hoping that I can continue to use the PWLC method to keep the weight off and my blood pressure down as well as keep my trig/chol numbers down.

I LOVE the shots but after the diet is over I'm going to take Trivita B-12 under my tongue forever.
I have an appointment next Tuesday to sign up for the B12 shots and their diet program. I am 40 years old. I have high blood pressure and for two years was taking a beta blocker. I gained 40 lbs in two years. I started dieting in April and working out in May. I work out 4 times a week 1 to 1 1/2 hrs each time. I hired a trainer and we meed twice a week. He cuts me NO SLACK! I eat fruit, veggies, chicken and fish. I do not binge, I do not skip workouts, I do not drink and I do not eat fried foods of any kind. I did not cut out carbs completely but I no longer eat potato chips, sandwiches, rolls, bisquits, etc. Twice a month I treat myself to ice cream.

I HAVE NOT LOST ONE POUND.

In July I came off the beta blocker. Still no results. I weigh the same now as I did when I was eating ice cream, cheese burgers, chicken wings and fries, for God sakes !!!!

I feel the desparation coming on. I am working so hard. I have completely changed my lifestyle and my eating habits. Nothing is working. I refuse to take pills plus I can't because of my high blood pressure.

Finally my question: Will the B12 shot affect my metabolism?
B-12 allows your body to break down carbohydrates and protein to use for energy, thus not stored as fat. See if you comsume lots of carbs and protein, what your body doesn't use it stores as fat thsu you become overweight.
I went to a B-12 doctor about 12 years ago....I lost 11 lbs. the first week. Granted I did watch what I ate, but I can do that now and not lose 11 lbs. After 12 years (of struggling), I actually have an appointment today to start getting the shots again. I am getting married in 3 1/2 weeks and would like to lose at least 10-15 lbs. About 6 months ago, I joined a gym and started eating (a little) healthier, but it just doesn't seem to be working. I am not kidding when I say, I have to diet and exercise to stay this fat!!!! I am naturally a big girl who can't smell food without popping a button. I need some help. I'm not getting any younger and it isn't getting any easier. I don't think the shots are for everyone...and may not work at all for some...but it helped me before, so I'm hoping for similar results. I say give it a try...if it works, more power to you, if it doesn't...move on. It's a constant battle when you don't have 36-24-36 genes.
Hi everyone! Well yesterday was my first day at a weight loss clinic and I too have received my first shot. I hope this works! I feel very positive about this since his office was packed and I spoke to a couple of people there. the people I spoke to were telling me that they had lost 3 to 5 lbs. per week. I'm only about 25 lbs. overweight so I figure that if I follow the easy diet plan and take my weekly shot I should be at my desired weight in a month. I'll let everyone know how this goes. Wish me luck!
Im from washington DC i was wondering if anyone knew where ther was a doc in my area who gave the b-12 shot or the trivita b-12 tablet. reply here or ***@****. IM 24 i have three kids 5,3,2 my husband is in the NAvy and out to sea at the timei want a nice weight the weight i was before having kids or atleast the size after having my first. Something to keep me weight satisfied and him Happier then what he already is lol. If anyone can help please do so

Quin..