Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Does Lexapro really cause weight gain??

I'm really scared, I'm a model and I can't afford to put on any weight :(
I've been suffering from image issues, anxiety and depression and just want to be happy again,
like when I was a child, but I've so scared of gaining weight, my doctor and pharmacist said it's a myth
but I've read so many polls that day otherwise.
Has anyone experienced weight loss at all? And is it due to appetite increase or does the pill alone cause you to get fatter?
Any advice/ answers would be truly appreciated.
Warm regards.
Hi!
Yes, Lexapro can cause weight changes, so it can increase your weight. Usually people are able to maintain a healthy weight because the drug will not cause weight changes in all individuals and because most people affected by weight changes are able to maintain their weight through diet and exercise.
If you have been really conscious of your image, then this can be just your personality or it can be an obsession. Hence, please consult your doctor regarding Lexapro (if you are on it), and may be you can be started on another medication.Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.