Weight Loss Alternatives Community

EXERCISE?

I go to Dr. G's in huntersville, take the hcg shot weekly. I am on week 3 and even though i am almost 47 i am at a plateau. I lost 6lbs so far but haven't lost anymore. I am getting so discouraged. I drink the water and exercise maybe twice weekly. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. I am so very careful about what i eat and follow the rules to the letter. This morning i had a protein drink and lunch i had a protein bar(very few carbs). Dinner will be a lean cusine. I took a diet pill so i don't really feel hungry. I also take one a day carb smart.
What am i doing wrong. I am currently 172 and need to lose 20lbs.
Have you been taking your measurements? You could be losing inches even when not losing pounds, especially since you said you are exercising.
"exercise maybe twice weekly"   Your keyword here is MAYBE

You will need to exercise at LEAST 5 times a week for 45 min to a hour.

Good Luck
More than twice a week is better, but even 30 minutes 3 times a week has proven to be beneficial. 5 times a week for 45 minutes would be better, of course, but not everyone has the time or stamina for that. Some people need to work up to that level, especially if they have a long way to go.
Yes i just did. I took the measurements just now and maybe 1/2 inch. I pulled out the gazelle and will be on for the next 30 minutes. I'll do this for the next 3 days and see if by Saturday there is any change.
thanks
I track my measurements on a site called MyBodyComp.com . The tool is called "body Fat Monnitor" I think.  There are 12 measurements to take, and it will calculate your body fat and give you all kinds of reports.

I am telling you this, because there is more to your measurmements than bust, waist, and hips. There are also abdome, thigh, calf, ankle, shoulder, neck, arm, forearm, and wrist. You may show weight loss more in any one area at a given time, so you could have lost most inches than you know if you only checked the basics.
I'm still having the same problem except for the fact that I never lost a large amount up front. I only lose 1/2 lb. a week a day or 2 after my shot.  I'm not doing anything wrong.  I check everything. I'm walking everyday.  I have to force myself at the end of the day to take in my additional calories.  I read G's paperwork 2X a week to make sure I am doing everything right. I only have a protein shake for breakfast & lunch.  I stick with a small pc. of chicken or very lean beef w/ some steamed veggies, or lean cuisine for dinner.  I can barely finish it.  If I find I haven't drank enough fluids, I'll make it up in the evening as well.  The only significant weight loss is when I was sick and couldn't eat anything for a week. I lost 6 lbs.

I just called G's office about additional shots because I wasn't about to go back today and spend more $$$'s of my severely limited income.  I was told in certain cases he would give 2...sometimes 3...if necessary.  The gal stated they only give one at first to make sure you can tolerate it. I'll go again today, and let you know in another week or two if it has made a differance.  I start at the Y in University today, as well.  Might be better then just walking.

Other then that, I'm pretty discouraged.
I was so thrilled the first week and then i stopped losing. My scale is stuck at 172 and i have 2 different types of scales. I weigh first thing in the morning naked and after i go to the bathroom. I have an appointment next week and i will discuss with them also. I read and read and read that book until i'm blue in the face. The only problem i saw was i was eating a detour bar that had more carbs than proteins in the morning. But what i don't get is i eat very little. Maybe 600 calories a day if that. I have 3 kids and believe me i am running around here like a dog with them. I work 3rd shift and i don't know if that has anything to do with it at all. Please let me know what you find out. Well back to The Gazelle and Tony little.
I have that same problem. I hardly eat and I am very cautious about what I eat. I recently started the Adipex and now I excercise everyday. If I am not abe to make it to the gym I walk in  my neighborhood for about 30 minutes.I also have a personal trainer. I didn't lose much but so far I have lost 13lbs and I forgot to mention that I have 6 children.....So i know the frustration you are feeling. Try to take in more calories in the healthiest way eat lots of green and leafy vegetables with little fat added. drink lots of water and eat fruit along with your shake and protein bar. Alos try soup to your diet to help with the fluid intake pick some that low in calories and fat like progresso or healthy choices.
Just got back from G and they tried to disuade me from additional shots and telling me how great I did. Once again I explained the weight loss came from the flu. The PA did finally give me 2 shots per week and said we'll talk again next time...ahem. I'll see if that makes a diff along with Y excerise.

Try not to give up, sweetie. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Look at the positive...at least you your scale isn't stuck at 272!!!!

If nothing happens, I will stick with the diet but not the doc.
Look at the ingredients in your Lean Cuisine's.  Those prepackaged dinners have so much junk in them, and in my opinion leave you hungry.  Take the time to cook with fresh, organic produce and meats.  I know its painful to cook every night, but its the only way!
How many calories do you eat? You say you hardly eat- if you're eating less than 1000 calories a day, your body can go into starvation mode and start STORING the fat. So you may not lose weight for awhile. And then when you do, it will be muscle. You don't want to lose muscle. So if you're eating less than 1000 calories a day, that could be why. Just wanted to add that! Good luck! :) I've been eating 1200 calories a day since the begining of the year. And I've cut out all flour/sugar/potatoes. I've lost 17 lbs! :)
amazing succsess DP!!!

please how did you find a practitioner to work with you?
where are you located?

I am taliking to a nautra path DR. on sat to see if he will prescribe the shots for me.
i live out side of NYC and i know there must be someone around to help me.

any ideas?

may i ask what the cost of treatment is?

i am so pleased you are doing the protocol and it WORKS!!!