HCG Diet

Hi I have been on the HCG diet now for 11 days, first two days was supposed to gorge myself but didnt. Any way I started out at 128.2 and  day two i was 127.9 day 3 126.8. Day 4 & 5 my weight stayed the same at 124.6 day 6& 7- 123.2. day  8- 122.1. Ok Day 9 I actually gained weight (123.7) I was so dissapionted because I  dont eat anything that is not on his list. Day 10-(122.6) Today day 11 I lost .5.

So I wanted to see why IM not loosing at least a lb every day and had to days of a standstill and one day of a weight gain. Somedays I dont even eat the meat I just have salad. I do find myself to be hungry sometimes. Can someone give me any advice and let me know if IM doing anything wrong
Do you have to eat the protien for lunch and dinner? Thank you (total of 6.1 LBS lost) I know that good but I have those stall days.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, There are a couple of reasons you might not see the results you are expecting      1:  the actual protocol says 1/2 to 1 lb a day, men being the biggest losers (no slam intended).
2: you started at a pretty low start weight, so not having as much to lose, it will come off a little slower than someone who is starting, say around 250 or more.

You will experience slight inclines with this diet on occasion, probably water, but overall when all is said and done you will get results
Helpful - 0
The loadup is pretty important for the weight loss and the hunger issues. If the body doesn't recognize that the normal fat reserves are full, it sometimes doesn't go to metabolize the abnormally stored fat. If you are not metabolizing your stored fat, you are only living off the 500 calories, which can make you hungry (and tired).

Not eating the meat can be a big reason why you are not losing the weight, also. It is better to eat the protein, veggies, and fruit at each meal. If for some reason you can't eat all the 500 calories, it is better to eat less of everything, but still get everything in each day than to totally skip one aspect such as the protein.

Try to stick to the whole 500 calories each day and don't leave out the protein!
Helpful - 0
Is it better to not eat the melba toast. The protocol says not to leave anything out and if u don't eat the melba toasts, the calorie intake in around 400 calories. I read that is u go below 500 you could hurt your fat loss.
Helpful - 0
I agree with got_nd, following the protocol EXACTLY is pretty important. Especially resetting your body with the 2 days of eating a lot of food.  I am on maintenance now for 3 weeks and I lost over 40 pounds in 40 days on the first round. I have even lost 3 pounds on maintenance. Before that I was the blood type diet (type A)  so I did not eat meat for the most part on that scenario and I was actually never hungry.  Type A does not get to eat meat on that plan but I didn't miss it much surprisingly.

So for me, before I ever started the HCG, I made some major lifestyle changes by deciding to go on the blood type diet. so when I did go on HCG I was already a bit prepared I supposes.

There were days when I would gain a pound but then lose 2 pounds. Don't get discouraged. It does work.

Good Luck,

Mac
Helpful - 0
so u ate the 2 melba toasts everyday? its not clear how many vegetables. i eat around 280 grams each meal.  i read some people dont lose as much with the melba toast but if you cut that out u r getting around 400 calories.

So the minimum amount of injections is 23 days (including the 2 loading days)...so 21 days of LCD with injections plus an extra 3 LVD w/o injections...right?  Thats awesome you lost 40 pounds. i gained 9 pounds during my loading phase...and im now on day 16 and have lost 19 pounds. im doing the injections but not intramusclarly, just in my leg. Injecting in the muscle sounds scary. i feel great. but my weight slowed alot this week only losing 2 pounds because of my menstrual cycle. I didnt read until after i started to start the program after your menstrual cycle.
Helpful - 0
Hi snoopyandboo, Sorry for late reply. I do not eat the Melba toast no. My protocol is probably slightly different than yours if you are doing injections. I am doing drops. l eat a gluten free bread which is 40 calories 1 slice with one meal. I have adjusted my diet with my Naruopath to suite my needs because I also had Thyroid problems (which I was able to cure naturally) so their are some vegetables that I stay away from and never eat Soy because it affects my thyroid.

I am on my second 40 day round of HCG Drops, I was on maintenance for 3 weeks. I lost 6 pounds while on maintenance. I am on th e"Blood Type Diet" as a lifestyle choice since December and do quite well on that. The HCG has been a wonderful extra tool. This time around the 2 day loading was very very difficult because I am so not used to eating high calories, or even any kind of meat. It took me three hours to eat 3 slices of Chicago style pizza.  * months ago I would have eaten nearly the whole pizza before feeling full.  So I can really tell that my brain has been reset. (I am sure there are some more technical terms for this and this will probably not be everyone's result)

I have lost 56 pounds since December. I do two hours of exercise at lest three times a week (football).

I work closely with my Naturopathic Doctor, and HCG is just part of an on going "whole body"  wellness plan, that for me, has been very successful.  It is still work no matter how you do it.

How is your HCG going?

Mac
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss Alternatives Community