Weight Loss Alternatives Community

HCG Shots and Phentermine dosage

Hello everybody,

I have been reading about these HCG shots and Phen pills; but I am still wondering about the proper dosage. So why the ones that know about this dont post here their experiences.

Is it a good dosage for a weight loss program??
'The usual protocol is to inject 1500-3000 I.U. every 4th or 5th day, for a duration usually no longer than 2 or 3 weeks. If used for too long or at too high a dose, the drug may actually function to desensitize the Leydig's cells to luteinizing hormone, further hindering a return to homeostasis.'

If you are doing by yourself also you need to know where you need to get the shots; so read next what got2lose wrote:
'I was told that it absorbs better/quicker if it is given from the waist down, which means, either buttocks, upper thigh, or stomach. For the stomach, 1 or inches on either side of the bellybutton. It's supposed to not hurt as much in the stomach because you don't have as many nerve endings there.'

Also if you buy the shots yourself; which brand is the right one??. I saw one called Pregnyl, is it good for a weight loss program.

And about the Phentermine pills I have read that most of the people in that program are taking 37.5 once a day around 10:30am or an hour before lunch; right??.

Also how long you are in the program; 3 shots a week for a month then off a month or 4 months then a month off??

Last one; is better a 800 or 600 calories/day. Maybe and average would fine but no more than 800??

If someone please can say something different would help a lot to all of us.

Thanks.
Some inf about HCG:

Active Life: 64 hours
Drug Class: Leutenizing Hormone (LH) - Gonadotropin
Average Dose: debatable
Acne: Yes
Water Retention: Yes
High Blood Pressure: Yes
Liver Toxic: No
Aromatization: No, but it will raise testosterone levels and increased aromatization may occur.

Chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone found in the female body during the early months of pregnancy (it is produced in the placenta). It is in fact the pregnancy indicator looked at by the over the counter pregnancy test kits, as due to its origin it is not found in the body at any other time. Blood levels of this hormone will become noticeable as early as seven days after ovulation. The level will rise evenly, reaching a peak at approximately two to three months into gestation. After this point, the hormone level will drop gradually until the point of birth. As a prescription drug, HCG offers us some interesting benefits. In the United States, we have the two popular brands, Pregnyl, made by Organon, and Profasi, made by Serono. These are FDA approved for the treatment of undescended testicles in young boys, hypogonadism (underproduction of testosterone) and as a fertility drug used to aid in inducing ovulation in women. When prepared as a medical item, this hormone comes from a human origin. Although there is often a fear of biological origin products, there is little research to be found regarding pathogen or sterility problems with HCG. The problems seen with human origin growth hormone are certainly not to be repeated with HCG, as this compound is obtained in a much different way.
Some if about the Phentermine pills:

Phentermine is a phenethylamine primary used as an appetite suppressant. It is typically prescribed for individuals who are at increased medical risk because of their weight, as opposed to cosmetic weight loss.

History:
Phentermine is one of two drugs in the Fen-phen anti-obesity medication, the other being fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine. Fenfluramine was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 1997 after reports of valvular heart disease and pulmonary hypertension.

Mechanism of action:
Phentermine, as many other prescription drugs, works with neurotransmitters in the brain. It is a centrally-acting stimulant chemically related to the amphetamines. It stimulates neuron bundles to release a particular group of neurotransmitters known as catecholamines; these include dopamine, epinephrine (also known as adrenalin), and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). This is the same mechanism of action as other stimulant appetite suppresants such as sibutramine, diethylpropion, and dextroamphetamine.
The neurotransmitters signal a fight-or-flight response in the body which, in turn, puts a halt to the hunger signal. As a result, it causes a loss in appetite because the brain does not receive the hunger message.

Clinical use:
Generally, it is recommended by the FDA that phentermine should be used short-term (usually interpreted as 'up to 12 weeks'), while following nonpharmacological approaches to weight loss such as healthy dieting and exercise. However, recommendations limiting its use for short-term treatment may be controversial. One reason given behind limiting its use to 12 weeks is drug tolerance, whereby phentermine loses its appetite-suppressing effects after the body adjusts to the drug. On the contrary, it has been shown that phentermine did not lose effectiveness in a 36-week trial (PMID 11054601). Due to the risk of insomnia, it is generally recommended that the drug be taken either before breakfast or 1-2 hours after breakfast.
More inf about HCG:

human chorionic gonadotropin (injectable) Drug information
Generic Name: human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) (injectable) (HYOO man cor ee ON ik go NAD o TRO pin)
Brand Names: Novarel, Ovidrel, Pregnyl, Profasi

What is the most important information I should know about HCG?
Some if about the Phentermine pills:

History:
Phentermine is still available by itself in most countries, including the U.S. However, because it is similar to the amphetamines, individuals may develop an addiction to it.

Mechanism of action:

Clinical use:

Side effects:
Because phentermine acts through sympathomimetic pathways, the drug may increase blood pressure and heart rate. It may also cause palpitations, restlessness, and insomnia. Additionally, individuals taking this drug on a long-term basis may develop euphoria and a psychological addiction to it.

Contraindications:
Phentermine should generally be avoided in patients with:
Agitation
Allergy/Hypersensitivity to other sympathomimetic amines
Atherosclerosis
Cardiovascular disease
Glaucoma
High blood pressure
Hyperthyroidism
Previous history of drug abuse
Additionally, this drug should not be used at the same time or within 14 days following the use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine
GENERIC NAME: phentermine
BRAND NAMES: Adipex-P, Obenix, Oby-Trim
DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Phentermine is in a class of drugs called anorectics which decrease appetite by possibly changing brain levels of serotonin. Phentermine is a nervous system stimulator like the amphetamines, causing stimulation, elevation of blood pressure, and faster heart rates.

Obesity is usually defined as being 20% over ideal weight with resultant increase in certain diseases including high cholesterol levels, heart disease, high blood pressure, gallbladder disease, type II diabetes mellitus, hardening of the arteries, and degenerative arthritis. Weight loss decreases blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and improves diabetes control.

PRESCRIPTION: yes

GENERIC AVAILABLE: yes

PREPARATIONS: Tablets: 30mg, 37.5mg.

STORAGE: Phentermine should be stored in a tight container at room temperature.

PRESCRIBED FOR: Phentermine is usually used as a short- term drug along with diet and behavior modification to treat obesity. Recently, it has been combined with diet and fenfluramine (Pondimin) and used over longer terms in selected obesity patients (P & P diets) with some favorable long-term modest weight loss.

DOSING: Phentermine should be taken after breakfast; evening doses should be avoided because of secondary insomnia.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Phentermine should not be taken by patients with glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, or a history of drug abuse or psychotic illnesses. Phentermine is not recommended in patients with high blood pressure that is not well controlled. Patients on phentermine should have their blood pressure closely followed. Insulin requirements may change in patients on phentermine; alcohol can cause a drug interaction. Abrupt stoppage of the drug can cause withdrawal with fatigue and depression. Phentermine is potentially addicting. Phentermine is not recommended for patients with symptomatic heart disease including rhythm problems.

SIDE EFFECTS: Side effects include diarrhea, dry mouth, constipation, an unpleasant taste, hives, impotence, palpitations, high blood pressure, and fast heart rates. Central nervous system side effects include overstimulation, insomnia, restlessness, tremor, and dizziness.

http://www.medicinenet.com/phentermine/article.htm
WOW! Great job in providing information!! Do you know anything about pills/lozenges that one can take under the tongue? Im terrified of needles and would perfer to take pills instead. How may mcg of b12 does the shot have? Because the pill I want to take is 5000mcg of B12.
Any info will help . Thanks and again...GREAT JOB...THANKS SO MUCH!
Thanks!! As I said before I am still learning.
So about the answers to your questions lets see if someone else can help us.
Most of my reading is only about HCG shots and the Phentermine pills.
Hello everyone,  just wanted to thank all who's information on the topic HCG has really been helpful to me. I started the injections Feb.2,2006 and also taking The anti-supr. together and I have lost since then 32lbs.  I find I have more energy and even feel younger.  I'm on high protein low carb. I do have both injections once a week.  This is the only and the last breakthrough of dieting I'll ever do.  I'm 52 and tried everytype of dieting since i was 27yrs.  Of course after having my children.   you name it i tried it.  This is truly working for me.  I havn't been this small since "kindergarten"  lol.  No for reals this is it..   Then again everyone is different.  Good luck to all those reaching that goal.  I know I'm almost there..  GOD BLESS     JNC
The dosage of hcg I'm taking is 35IU twice a week, normally Mon and Thur... that isn't enough to cause any type of side effects, water retention or pregnancy. A much higher intake of hcg would be needed to increase your chances or pregnancy or multiple births.. don't let that scare you.
I was wondering about that. I am buying HCC through internet but it comes in 3 ampules of 1500IU each one so now I am confused. Can you tell more about this; you said 35IU did you get HCG in a bigger dosage and divided it?
Pleeeeeeeasseee if you can tell anything else would help a lot.
If you find out that it is more easy to send the info to my email here it is: ***@****.

Thank you.

When I purchased it I got it in 10,000IU. It comes as a white powder with bactrostatic water. Using a syringe I mix the two together.. liquid into the solid. It dissolves easily and then keep it in the frig. Using insulin needles, either 27 or 29g by 1/2", I take .2ml twice a week. Let me know if this answered your questions. Good luck!!
I think that I did a mistake!!! what I am buying is not a 10,000IU and I can not do that; I mean mix it a save it for later. I got three ampules of 1,500IU so there is not way of mixing and saving... hmmm maybe just use .2ml and trash whatever is left. I know it better for next time.
And how many weeks do you do and then the break? has it been working out good?? I am really excited and want to do the best that I can, just need to lose 30 pounds.
Anyway thank you very much for the info!!!