HCG? To use or not to use?

This is not a question......just information.
I work for a Pharmacuetical Research company and conduct clinical research for "new" drugs on an ongoing basis. Just so you know, there are drugs from large and small pharmacuetical companies that are tested everyday, that never end up on the market. Some of the drugs that are tested are for certain indications (diseases or disorders) and others are drugs that are created for a certain indication but are being tested to help treat other indications. Again, alot of these drugs never make it to market, even if we see results in the studies.
The FDA and the IRB's (Investigational Reveiew Boards) are in place for a reason. They are in place  primarily for Patient Safety. We have to have both of these organizations in order for any drug to go to market. There are countless studies that are run on marketed drugs, and just because a drug is not approved for one certain thing that does not mean that it cannot be used for it.
In my opinion, and again it's just my opinion, if HCG helps someone that is struggling to lose weight get the results they are looking for, I say go for it. I personally researched it and read an Investigators Brochure (a brochure that states all facts about the drug, including side effects, composition, studies conducted and their outcomes) about HCG and didnt see data that supported the claim of weight loss, but that doesnt mean that it doesnt happen for some individuals. Basically, what it means is that there just hasnt been enough studies conducted to support the claims.
Anyway.....Good Luck to anyone who does try it and remember, if this doesnt work then eventually you will find something that does. Nothing can substitute a healthy lifestyle.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
if the fda and IRB are there for patient saftey then how did VIOXX make it to the market??
Helpful - 0
Read the Dr Simeons original published manuscript. There are many copies available online. This explains the scientific theory behind it. And what else better than to prove a claim than to try it yourself! It works for everyone that I have come across who has followed the ORIGINAL protocol to the T. But you must follow the protocol. There is a specific reason for everything and the reasons and scientific explanations explain it in the manuscript.

Yes you will lose weight on a 500 calorie diet. But what you lose is muscle and healthy structural fat when going it alone without the aide of HCG. People will look sickly, flabby, starved, and STILL FAT *without* the HCG.  But *with* the HCG, people retain their muscle and healthy structural fat and only lose the abnormal fat when following the original protocol. They remain lively and not flabby despite the quick weight loss. All because of the HCG and how it mobilizes only the abnormal fat for the body to quickly burn for energy.

Usually people who I have heard from that it did not work did not follow the Dr Simeons protocol to the "T". They ate the wrong foods thinking it couldn't possibly make a difference if they stayed within their caloric intake. They did not change their hygenic and cosmetic products. They ingored warnings of not touching fat or using oils. They did not maintain properly as documented in the manuscript, etc. This was not meant to be a "quick fix" that your average dieter tries to do for a little while and then get back into thier old habbits or cheat the whole time. It is a strict protocol that requires dedication and maintenence.
Helpful - 0
It definitley didn't work for me!  Anyone who eats 500-800 cals a day will loose weight.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss Alternatives Community