Weight Loss Alternatives Community

HCG and Diet Breaks

Hi---For anyone on the HCG diet, I have a couple questions...

I'm just starting the protocol tomorrow, and I'm an endurance racer (do marathons, bike races, tris, etc).  I have a 100-mile bike race and a marathon coming up, both of which will occur during or right after Phase 2.  Obviously, I can't continue on 500 calories the day before or the day of these events (or eat the correct foods) and expect to do well or even survive the event.

So, what is the best option here in terms of breaking the diet for 2 days?  The 100-mile bike race will be about 12 days into Phase 2, and the marathon will be one of the first few days of Phase 3, when you're supposed to be resetting your metabolism.  Any ideas?  I am hoping to lose about 40 pounds total...

Thanks!