Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.22k Members

HCG and Hypothyroidism

Hello my name is Kristin and I am going in a couple weeks to start HCG shots. I have had hypothyroidism for a couple of years and that is where I gained all my weight which I cant seem to shake off and was wondering if anyone else on here has hypothyroidism and also did the HCG shots and how they worked for you? Thanks
5 Responses
913402 tn?1242964071
I was diagnosed as hypothyroid many years ago (age 21). I've been on Synthroid pretty steadily since then. Never tried the shots, but did try the generic pills a long time ago. Probably very different and I didn't notice anything. When I stop my Synthroid, for whatever reason, I don't notice it right away, but gradually I notice a groggy feeling, and just not feeling myself...then I remember, 'oh yeah, I stopped taking my Synthroid'. I notice a sudden difference once I restart it, just gradually, I stop feeling sluggish and lethargic, and my mood improves, and I'm kess *itchy--enough so, that, my husband now volunteers to pick it for me so I don't run out anymore!
where are you located? dont buy the HCG online get it from a doctor there is a big differance
913402 tn?1242964071
I'm sure there is a big ifference between the online stuff and the Rx version. What condition did your MD prescribe it for?
I was diagnosed in 2004 as hypothyroid and been on synthroid ever since. My dose has changed MANY times over the years. Im on .125 mcg right now. What does HCG do?

I started the b6,b12,and lipotrphic shots this past saturday and taking Phentermine ( Adipex ). I think Ive lost a few pounds already but I'm not expecting huge results. Im trying to jump start my weight loss with the shots/pills while making lifestyle changes. I cant afford to do the shots and pills forever. Hypothyroid *****!!!!!!
opps that ***** is s*u*c*k*s
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.