Weight Loss Alternatives Community

HCG side effects

What are the possible side effects of HCG?

Stop using HCG and seek emergency medical attention or notify your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects:

an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
pain, warmth, redness, numbness, or tingling in an arm or leg (which may indicate a blood clot); or
confusion, severe dizziness, or severe headache (which may indicate a blood clot in the head).
A small percentage of female patients treated with HCG have developed the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first cycle of therapy. Symptoms of OHSS include severe pelvic pain, swelling of the hands or legs, abdominal pain and swelling, shortness of breath, weight gain, low urine output, diarrhea, and nausea or vomiting. OHSS can be fatal. Notify your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical attention if you develop any of these symptoms.

Other side effects may also occur. Notify your doctor if you experience

headache;
irritability;
restlessness;
depression;
fatigue;
fluid retention (edema);
breast tenderness or swelling;
pain, swelling, or irritation at the injection site;
early or premature puberty.

****I am taking 1 per week and just began. I found this and little worried***
Just wanted to let you know that I just opened this: all about weight loss forums dot com.
A place where it will be open to talk about HCG shots, Phentermine, etc.
I am not a html expert! just want a place to find/share good HCG inf.
I wanted to let you all know what I found. Please let me know if any of you or someone you know has experienced any of these side effects. So many on this board ask about the side effects of taking this drug. I was not told about all these and I am wondering if some of you were not either.
I wanted to pass this info along.
Also I woke up this am and the center of my top lip felt numb. It has gone away some throughout the day but it still feels funny in that 1 little spot. I am not sure if it's due to the HCG or not. I took the injection last Tuesday. I would have thought any allergic reaction would have shown up before now. I really want to know if any of you have had any minor or serious reactions and when did they start for you.
Thank you.
I was on the HCG shots from Jan 31 til May.  I experienced alot of the headaches.  I remember speaking to another person here who also had the headaches also.  Since coming off of the shots, I do not have the frequent headaches.  Perhaps the HCG side effects should be looked at more closely.  Thanks for sharing the info.

Verbal Conquest
have you lost any weight since you've been on hcg?  The pills are available what do you think of the pills?  I am thinking of ordering the pills for weight loss.  Any suggestions?
I am actually taking HCG shots & Phentermine. I have been going to Dr. Michael P. Girourds Office. His office is a Weight Loss and Wellness Clinic. I have been following the diet they gave me and I have lost 54lbs in 3 month. When I go in for my follow up appointments, usually every one will share their success stories. I have talked to people that have lost more weight then that in less time. Its a great program and its well worth the money. The total price will included the doctors visit, the appetite suppressant you choose and the HCG shots. Its great! I would recommend Dr. Girourd to anyone. His website is www.letsgetthin.com.  
Has anyone heard or seen research on Hcg and deprovera? I had to have a shot of Depo last year for a procedure I had done and now I gained quite a bit of weight from it. I also know that Depo can stay in the body for up to 18 months.And I wanted to make sure that I am not setting my self up for more problems than I want later. Bottom line how would depo and hcg affect each other? Or do they? Boh are hormons.

jocool