Weight Loss Alternatives Community

HCG without 500 cal diet

I am just curious if anyone has been on the HCG without the 500 cal diet?  I am on day 7 of diet and lost 4 pounds this week (which is good) and I'm not hungry, but I find it difficult while traveling to be so strict....I know that I can stick to the 500-700 plan if need be but the food choices are causing me to struggle and wonder if it is why I only lost four pounds instead of the 8 that everyone says will happen.  
Traveling is hard but, when I had to travel on the diet I did a couple things that seemed to help.  For lunch, I'd order salad with grilled shrimp with vinegar & oil dressing (using only the balsamic vinegar).  I asked for them to hold the butter or oil during grilling though I have no idea whether they did.  Most restaurants don't have many shrimp on the salad so I figured even if there was some oil, I hoped minimal.  And for dinner, I'd order broiled Mahi Mahi again asking them to hold the oil.  I lost my normal amount of weight.  On one occasion, I went to a really nice restaurant and wanted to enjoy it so I ate an apple for lunch and had a 6 oz filet minon with asperagus for dinner.
Also, check out some of the recipes to avoid getting bored.  There are actually a lot of great marinades for fish that you can use (wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, onions are all allowed - I used soy sauce too and had no issue with the salt myself).  I found really great recipes from a spa that does the HCG - personal chili, taco salad, seared steak with caramelized onions (with balsamic, no sugar of course), etc.  

Anyway good luck!