Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.22k Members

HCG without 500 cal diet

I am just curious if anyone has been on the HCG without the 500 cal diet?  I am on day 7 of diet and lost 4 pounds this week (which is good) and I'm not hungry, but I find it difficult while traveling to be so strict....I know that I can stick to the 500-700 plan if need be but the food choices are causing me to struggle and wonder if it is why I only lost four pounds instead of the 8 that everyone says will happen.  
2 Responses
Traveling is hard but, when I had to travel on the diet I did a couple things that seemed to help.  For lunch, I'd order salad with grilled shrimp with vinegar & oil dressing (using only the balsamic vinegar).  I asked for them to hold the butter or oil during grilling though I have no idea whether they did.  Most restaurants don't have many shrimp on the salad so I figured even if there was some oil, I hoped minimal.  And for dinner, I'd order broiled Mahi Mahi again asking them to hold the oil.  I lost my normal amount of weight.  On one occasion, I went to a really nice restaurant and wanted to enjoy it so I ate an apple for lunch and had a 6 oz filet minon with asperagus for dinner.
Also, check out some of the recipes to avoid getting bored.  There are actually a lot of great marinades for fish that you can use (wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, onions are all allowed - I used soy sauce too and had no issue with the salt myself).  I found really great recipes from a spa that does the HCG - personal chili, taco salad, seared steak with caramelized onions (with balsamic, no sugar of course), etc.  

Anyway good luck!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.