Weight Loss Alternatives Community

I can not lose weight

I am 36 years old woman, 5'5 and weigh 154 lbs.  I have recently gained about 20 lbs. after having knee surgery.  It took about 6 months for a full recovery and I have been back to exercising for about 3 months but can't lose weight. I am really frustrated and don't know what to do.  I also stopped taking prozac about 2 months ago and that's when I really noticed some weight gain.  My husband's a bodybuilder and I lift with him 4 to 5 times a week and walk/run about 45min daily/4 times a week.  My diet consists of mostly protein and veg.  I have also tried numerous supplements.  Nothing works!!! Please help me
definately sounds like a thyroid problem.  Have your thyroid checked, make sure you get a "full panel" they will check TSh and T4 levels but, with the full panel, they will also check for thyroid anti bodies(called hashimotos syndrome) If they check these and your results still come up "normal," then you may want to look into Wilson's Syndrome(there is a website for this). It is also Thyroid related but will not show up in your blood work. Rather, you will check your body temperature for 3 days and if you are below 98.0, than you may have this problem.  I had Wilson's Syndrome. It took years to find out what was wrong with me.  I also couldnt lose weight even though I ate zero carbs, low fat protein, veggies,and i exercised 5 times a week. Also, I had Fibro Myalgia and Chronic fatigue syndrome.  Meanwhile, docs kept telling me I was "normal."  I finally found DR. Wilson's website and my life changed. My fibro is under control, I initially lost 12 pounds without trying and I had energy again. Ive gained alot of weight again due to poor food choices and lack of exercise so Im trying the HCG and diet exercise again.  Having slow results but I just started.  Hope this helps and good luck to you.