Is there anybody using HCG with a VLCD that is a more than 500 calories but not more than 800 calories?

Since a VLCD is one that is 800 calories or less, I was wondering if anyone is using HCG with a low calorie diet that is more then 500 calories, but not more than 800 calories?  I'm concerned about the effects of extreme calorie restriction for longer than 30 days. I've only on a VLCD for 14 days, and I'm having forgetfulness, problems concentrating & fatigue.  I want to start some low intensity exercise in order to boost metabolism and build muscle. I want to increase my caloric intake somewhat in order to exercise safely, and to improve brain function, but I'm not sure how to do this, or if I just need to discontinue the HCG and try a 1,000 to 1,300 calorie diet with moderate exercise. (Been there, done that, still fat).  

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey. i have been on the vlcd (500 cal) also but haven't had the troubles you've had. Quite the opposite actually. Do you inject daily? weekly? I've been on it for two weeks so I'll help where I can but I can tell you about a great site that can help with every hcg user. It's the best forum for hcg users. Don't know where I'd be without it. Let me know if you want to know more.
Helpful - 0
It's too late for wasting my time. I had already begun the HGH & VLCD program when I posted the question. I'm not completely convinced that the HGH does make you lose weight at all but I had already pain a lot of money to begin this program, and whether makes me lose weight or not, I'm going to keep taking it until the supply I paid for is gone. I'm sure it does one thing though, it does make your hair and nails grow!  I've research that also says that after using HGH for longer 45 days, (depending how often you inject), you can become immune to it and it is no longer effective. Not convinced of becoming immune because if it doesn't make you lose weight, how can you tell if you are immune?  Anyway, I just posted the question to see if anyone was experiencing the symptoms I mentioned from the calorie restriction being so high.  I guess after my HGH supply is gone, and I continue the VLCD, my progress or lack of will determine if HGH was worth it for me.  As far as the symptoms I mentioned, I've since discovered that I am pre-diabetic, and thus this could be the cause of my symptoms.  I need more carbs and calories to stabilize my glucose.  Especially now that I've been allowed to exercise. Thanks for the reply. The next 3 weeks will be the proof one way of the other. I'm told that once HGH is out of your system, the weight will start to come back. We'll see.

Helpful - 0
Thanks for your reply! If you read my response to THEFACTSO147, you'll gather that I'm not completely convinced about the wonders of HGH! You'll also see that I've found out the cause for my symptoms mentioned in my original question.  In answer to your question regarding the method by which I take HGH, I do not inject. I'm using a sublingual formula by a program called Releana. My Primary Physician also runs a practice called Harmony Medispa in Birmingham, Alabama. She practices a whole gammet of healthful services including the Releana program, body shaping, Microderm Abrasions, Laser hair removals, & Bio-identical HRT.  I started the program before really understanding what it was.  During my "loading" days, I started researching HGH and VLCD. Since I've already purchased it, and my Lipotropic supplements, I intend to finish it. While I'm not convinced by HGH, I am pretty much sold on the lipotropic supplements, because the science is more believable. They help breakup fat that is already there. Not much fat, but it is good to use a tool along other dietary measures. I also make sure I take a multivitamin with any diet.  

I DO believe that if you believe something works for you, then it probably does, and opposite is true as well.  Again, thanks for the reply, and Good Luck with your HGH and diet plan.

Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for this.  However, I never make a decision on what someone else's experience is. I take all other experiences under advisement along with information I discover myself, and weigh them against my own experience. As I said previously, I am not convinced of HGH's magical powers of weight loss! However, I do not deny others the right to believe it does possess something magical for them and their weight loss efforts. I understand that the above post was a message for someone else but I wanted to clarify something regarding doctors who prescribe HGH weight loss programs. The Doc, that I purchased the Releana weight loss program from is not "shady" in anyway. She is First and foremost a wonderful Family Practicioner who has been practicing medicine for over 20 years. She just recently in the last 5 years begun the weight loss aspect of her practice, for her many severely obese patient's with all kinds of debilitating conditions and diseases. The Releana program is not the only program she manages for weight loss. If a program shows significant results for her patients then she is satisfied. If she finds that a number of her patient's are not having success on the program, She discontinues it. However, the ultimate decision to continue or not continue is left up to the patient, as long as it is not making their initial condition or disease worse.  I get that you said "most Dr's" who give HGH are shady at best, However, this is not the case with me.  I still hold it to be true, as I said to buffy8410, if you believe something works for you, then it does. The power of the mind can be very strong in some people, and that is a matter I respect most highly. I plan to continue the HGH, as I said before, until my supply runs out (in about 2 weeks). I've modified my VLCD to fit my lifestyle, and will continue to do so as long as the weight continues to come off. I have added and will continue moderate exercise and making healthy, sensible choices of foods that I know work well for me long after this program is completed.  I am convinced that reduced calories, healthy choices and exercise will get me to a healthy weight. The fact that I chose to use something as a tool to help me get a good start is my choice. The road to weight loss is a long one for some, and we are blessed to have scientists and doctors out there trying to make the journey shorter or easier. However, just as I believe there is a Heaven and a hell, I believe and know there are people of low character who have no other desire in life than to prey on the weakness and desparation of others, to gain money and/or fame for themselves. No matter how many posts we make on the boards about scams, scam-artists, Fad diets not working, there will always be those who believe in them. That is what keeps them alive. When others stop falling for them and stop spending their money, then they will disappear. I've made many mistakes in my efforts to find a quicker solution to my being overweight, and this may well have been one of them. But it is not one I will repeat. I consider myself fully informed when it comes to HGH's role in my experience.  I will share what I've learned with my doctor and she will, of course, leave any decision regarding my continuing it up to me. I'm sure if she finds that a great number of her patient's are not really being benefitted from this program, she will discontinue prescribing it. So with that said, anyone having success on these kinds of programs, more power to you! All the information is out there, and there is no need for me to try and convince anyone (anymore) about the "NON" magical weight loss effects of HGH. Now, if you want to talk about how to get your hair and nails to grow...LOL!

God Bless!
China
Helpful - 0
I know! Everything is a con these days, and at some point on some thing, we've all be taken! That's how you learn. Some of us learn slower than others (I'm no exception). I'm not praising or condoning the scams, and so called "Doctors" out there pushing the "Miracle Products", but, only when people stop falling for them, will stop making $$$. It does bother me, that they are out there, but I know they have to be fed with $$$ by desparate people, and people who are looking for a quick fix to long term problems. On the other hand, if some of us were never "taken", they would go through life being skeptical of EVERYTHING and never discovering anything! So, while it does bother me, I do understand.  In answer to your question, the RELEANA that I purchased is a sublingual form used twice daily.  This is my first experience with HGH/RELEANA. It will be my last!

My Mom has started the same program, and I tried to tell her that's it really doesn't do anything, but she is one of those that have to experience things for herself. So I respect that.  She will never research and/or read anything pertaining to HGH on her own. She is only going by what she was told (just as I did).  I'm just one who likes to understand a little about what I'm doing, even if I've already spent my money!  I'm sure my Mom WILL lose weight on this program, but she won't understand that it's not due to the RELEANA, but due to the high calorie restriction!  BTW...I ACCIDENTALLY dropped my bottle
Helpful - 0
I am proof positive that RELEANA DOES work.  The thing I am not hearing on this post is HOW it works.  I am a skeptic myself and need to know the nuts and bolts of something before I am willing to smack down the cash.  I started Releana on January 25, 2008 and as of today, May 23, 2008 have lost 58 lbs.  Even after I researched it, I was still a bit skepital even 2 months into the regeime, but now I am completely sold.

With a restricted diet (I am on 800 calories per day), the Releana helps to mobilize the excess fat in your body to make up for the calories needed for your body to function.  Supposedly, it helps to mobilize up to 2,000 calories per day, BUT ONLY if you are on a restricted diet.  If you are not on a restricted diet, there is no need to mobilize the fat as the body doesn't have a need to.  Generally, being on a low calorie diet is not healthy as it puts your body into the starvation mode.  Your body wants to cling onto the fat (survival mode) and will go for muscle.  Introducing HCG reprograms your body.  The muscle is maintained and the fat is mobilized.  The doctor I go to has a calibrated scale that is able to break down what your body composition is made of and of the 58 lbs. I have lost, only 1.5 lbs. has been muscle.  This is basically how the HCG hormone works in a pregnant woman.  Protects her lean muscle and uses fat reserves if necessary to maintain overall health.  I do some moderate (very moderate - walk 30" 3-4 times per week) exercise to help maintain the lean muscle, which is recommended on the Releana (HCG) program, but I have never been one to over do on the exercise.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss Alternatives Community