Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Lower Belly Pooch

Back in December I started a weight loss program through diet and exercise. To start I was 140 lbs, now I am 113 lbs. I'm 23 years old, female, petite, small frame and short. I'm only 5 feet 2 inches. I've done a great job eating right and exercising. I've been able to tone up my arms and legs through weight training/brisk walking. My stomach is definitely smaller, toned a little bit, however, I still have lower abdominal fat. Often called the "lower belly pooch". (You can google "lower belly pooch" to see pictures of what I'm talking about). It's quite frustrating because I'm thin and toned everywhere else except my lower belly. Any tips on how to get rid of this? What kind of exercises target that area and how long does it take to get results? I'd like to get rid of it by summer.
Hi!
If you want to lose weight in your abdomen area, then along with a general weight loss program like walking/cycling/swimming along with healthy diet, you will need to do exercises to tone up the abdominal muscles and burn the abdominal fat. The stretching and strengthening exercises for the abdominal muscles should be more than that done for the rest of the body. You can join a physical instructor or a gym for the same. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.