Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.21k Members

Lower Belly Pooch

Back in December I started a weight loss program through diet and exercise. To start I was 140 lbs, now I am 113 lbs. I'm 23 years old, female, petite, small frame and short. I'm only 5 feet 2 inches. I've done a great job eating right and exercising. I've been able to tone up my arms and legs through weight training/brisk walking. My stomach is definitely smaller, toned a little bit, however, I still have lower abdominal fat. Often called the "lower belly pooch". (You can google "lower belly pooch" to see pictures of what I'm talking about). It's quite frustrating because I'm thin and toned everywhere else except my lower belly. Any tips on how to get rid of this? What kind of exercises target that area and how long does it take to get results? I'd like to get rid of it by summer.
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
If you want to lose weight in your abdomen area, then along with a general weight loss program like walking/cycling/swimming along with healthy diet, you will need to do exercises to tone up the abdominal muscles and burn the abdominal fat. The stretching and strengthening exercises for the abdominal muscles should be more than that done for the rest of the body. You can join a physical instructor or a gym for the same. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.