Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.22k Members

Metformin PCOS and weight loss

I'm 5'2 and have always been very athletic...usually around 110 pounds. In August of 2010 I took the Depo Provera shot and it really messed up my hormones. I have hypothyroidism, high prolactin levels and PCOS. My doctor has decided to put me on Metformin to treat the PCOS because the Synthroid doesn't seem to be helping my weight complaints much at all. I'm 125 pounds now and no matter how healthy I eat and how much I work out, I can't lose weight. I'm just wondering if there have been any success stories with Metformin and PCOS because I've seen a lot of negativity about the drug. I realize it has some awful side effects but I'd really like to think that it could work....
1 Responses
Try looking at the forum called "Metformin and weight loss". A LOT of posts on there! Hope this helps!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.