Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Outsized, did you find energy?

I read one of your posts about a variety of things, including B12. Here is what I have to say. Everyone else here has an opinion, I thought I would try out my opinion also. I just know it has worked for me. I can't speak for others.

This is a post that I have put in other threads, but I thought you might need it also.

****************************************

I have read so much on here about people looking for B12. I am providing this information. I hope everyone has success no matter where you go or what you do.

I use B12 and I love it. I use it about once a week.

When I started taking it, I was using it every 48 hours.

I have so much energy. I don't know why it helps you lose weight, but I did lose weight when I was taking it. I know it is NOT a miracle drug!

I DID watch what I ate and I DID exercise some.
BUT, the B12 gave me SO much energy to do these things.

If you want to find out more about B12 / lipo and good safe diets
feel free to visit mydietsolutions.com

THE Forum is free even if you NEVER order a thing.

SO, if you are going to another DR and you want to ask questions, then this is also the place for you!!!

We talk about everything, but we also talk about how and when to take B12 and all kinds of things.

OH YEAH...I noticed recently that Medhelp also has the advertisement for them. So, contact medhelp if you have any doubts.

I am just a person who loves my energy and I hate to see so many people having a hard time finding something so easy to get...that really works.

NO it is not a miracle drug, but it will give you the energy to get out of the house.

OR, like I did the first time I took it....I cleaned the WHOLE house!

(oh yeah - my sex life is also better! I have so much energy I have to use it somehow ; -)

mydietsolutions.com

GOOD LUCK in anything you do!

well i haven't found the energy yet, but i have just forced myself to go out every night and walk about an hour between dinner and bed.... I got the b12 from gnc but i only took it twice (1500). I didn't notice anything or feel any different than i have the rest of this the week.

One thing i hadn't mentioned but was a huge problem was i use to fall a seep every time i would drive more than a few minutes (and i work an hour a way). I haven't nodded at the wheel once this week.  even before the b12- If i don't loose a pound it would still be worth it.

as far as the sex- good for you!  But right now i wouldn't sleep with me so i can't blame the wife:( can't afford anymore kids anyway...........

Outsized, I believe you should speak with your physician regarding perhaps sublingual B12 if you are unable to receive the injections on a timely basis.

Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is an important water-soluble vitamin. In contrast to other water-soluble vitamins it is not excreted quickly in the urine, but rather accumulates and is stored in the liver, kidney and other body tissues. As a result, a vitamin B12 deficiency may not manifest itself until after 5 or 6 years of a diet supplying inadequate amounts.

The amount of vitamin B12 actually needed by the body is very small, probably only about 2 micrograms or 2 millionth of a gram/day. Unfortunately, vitamin B12 is not absorbed very well so much larger amounts need to be supplied through the diet or supplementation.

Eggs, cheese and some species of fish supply small amounts, but vegetables and fruits are very poor sources. Several studies have shown that most strict, long-term vegetarians are vitamin B12 deficient. Many elderly people are also deficient because their production of the intrinsic factor needed to absorb the vitamin from the small intestine decline rapidly with age.

Fortunately, oral supplementation with vitamin B12 is safe, efficient and inexpensive.  However, the actual absorption of B12 is the problem with supplements.

Swallowing 500 micrograms of cyanocobalamin can result in absorption of as little as 1.8 microgram so most multivitamins do not provide an adequate daily intake.

The best approach is to dissolve a sublingual tablet of methylcobalamin (1000 micrograms) under the tongue every day. That will be sufficient to maintain adequate body stores.
However, if a deficiency is actually present then 2000 microgram/day for one month is recommended followed by 1000 microgram/day.
Many physicians still maintain that monthly injections of vitamin B12 is required to maintain adequate levels in patients with a diagnosed deficiency.
You may want to check with your Dr about other sleep problems!

I had a friend once who would fall asleep standing up!

He had narcolepse (sp?).

BUT, surfgirl may be onto something with the whole sleep apnea idea.

I am glad you are getting some energy from the B12 you purchased. I hope it continues to work for you.

If not go to Dr Gates at mydietsolutions.com and ask him about your problem.

Plain B12 is about $60 and it lasts for about 2-3 months.

You can't lose weight if you can't stay awake very long. You need help with that first.

GOOD LUCK!