Weight Loss Alternatives Community

PREDNIZONE SIDE EFFECTS

MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PREDNIZONE FOR MY PYODERMA-GANGRANOSA AND MY RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS,IT HAS CAUSED WEIGHT GAIN THATS HARD TO TAKE OFF, I TAKE VARIOUS OTHER MEDS FOR MY DIABETES AND PREVIOUS STROKES. MY FACE IS ROUND AND SWOLLEN LOOKING, THIS WEIGHT GAIN HAS AGGRAVATED MY ARTHRITIS AND MADE ME MORE TIRED THAN I WAS. I HAVE HAD A MASTECTOMY OF MY LEFT BREAST,& HYPERTENSION. ID LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WITH ANSWERS TO ANY OF MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS, AND ID LIKE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT DESPITE MY MEDICAL ISSUES, SPECIFICALLY HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT ON PREDNIZONE. HERE IS A LIST OF MY MEDS JUST IN CASE SOMEONE HAS ANOTHER SUGGESTION;GLUCOPHAGE,RYNATAN,VYTORIN,WARFARIN,PREDNIZONE,ALPRAZOLAM,PERCOCET,LEXAPRO,ARTHROTEC,LOPRESSOR,CATAPRES,NORVASC,LYRICA,ULTRAM,AVANDIA. ALSO,DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE ESSENTIAL BOOST TABLETS,OR THE ESSENTIAL SEVEN DIET?
do not take this nonsense..jsut search any site 'NOT' selling it..

15 to 30 mg of phentermine daily resulted in about 1 lb to 13 lb more weight loss than when using a PLACEBO The medication was used from 2 weeks to 24 weeks, with an average use of about 13 weeks. Most of the people using phentermine in the studies reviewed also made lifestyle changes, such as diet or exercise.
Side Effects
Side effects of phentermine include:

Nervousness.
Irritability.
Sweating.
Nausea.
Headache.
Dry mouth.
Constipation.
Sleep problems.
Possible addiction.

What To Think About
Phentermine is no longer marketed in Europe due to a possible association with heart and lung problems.1

It is not known whether these medications are safe to take for more than a few weeks.

Weight generally is regained after stopping medication.

The best weight-loss medication program will also incorporate a weight-loss diet and exercise.

I can empathize with you.  I was on predisone for years, along with Remicade infusions, methotrexate, and pain pills for RA (Rhuematoid Arthritis). Prednisone does pack on the pounds!  3 years ago I gave all those drugs up after they damaged my Liver (either the methotrexate or Remicade was the culprit). I researched alternative natural sources at that point to recover and find relief outside of being drugged constantly.  I found a clinic that Fasts people (on water only) to improve arthritis, as well as other ailments.  I checked myself in at a point I was really close to being wheelchair bound, and 24 days later came out skipping and jumping.  My RA was completely in remission - no swelling and no pains.

After that I was supposed to stay on an extremely strict vegan diet for the rest of my life, and I drifted off of the 'Raw and Organic' only diet and started having problems again.  About 6 months ago, my RA suddenly started getting much worse.  I tried a few things which didn't work. Then I decided to try and lose weight to get some of the pressure off my knees, ankles and feet, which were grotesquely swolen.

This is my 10th day taking HCG shots for weight loss, and I've lost 7.25 lbs, but I've also encountered a HUGE SURPRISE. By the 3rd day on HCG shots the swelling had reduced dramatically in my knees and ankles.  My feet now look normal for the first time in 6 months.  I'm convinced it's due to the HCG.
Dr Simeon (Author of the diet behind Trudeaus book) says that HCG will improve Arthritis. Bad news is he said it's only temporary - once you quit taking the shots, the problems come back.  I'm just enjoying the time I have with no swelling, and plan to talk with my Dr about continuing on a smaller dose of HCG after reaching my goal weight (to determine if it will continue to help with Arthitis).  Don't want to mislead you - I still have arthritic pains, but they are less due to the probems caused by swelling around all my joints before HCG.