Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Please Help!!! Low fat diet 20 grams a day

Hello everyone I just came back from the Dr. and was given a B12 shot and was put on a low fat diet 20 grams per day, 4 grams per meal and eat 5 times a day and cardio 30 minutes 7 days a week....I was so excited and ask the Dr. " so I can have any thing I want but I cannot go over the 20 grams per day" and the Dr. said yes... I am sooooo confused and a little Discouraged all ready... What do I eat? I went to wal-Mart and cannot find anything under 4 grams per serving not even Lean cuisine, smart ones, healthy choice etc. I cannot eat grilled chicken and veggies all day every day for the rest of my life is any one else on the low fat diet 20 grams a day and if so what do you eat??? Please help... Thanks so much
I am on a 20 gram 700 calorie diet. I eat meat. Like steak, pork chops, ham in the meat department but make sure you look at the labels there is a brand with no carbs. I also shop at walmart. I eat bacon, eggs,pork rinds, meat has protein not carbs. Good luck to you. I have been on b12 shot and phentramine since july 27th and I have lost 21 pounds so far. Today is the 28th of aug.
Tina
Thank you so much, do you have any snacks during the day? do you eat any of the lean cuisine, or anything like that and do you eat 5 times a day....Sorry for all the questions... Again thanks for all the help
I just eat things that are low in carbs and don't go over the 20. and watch the calories
with me being on the vitamin b shot and the supplement pills I am not hungry. I am diabetic and since being on this program I haven't had to take my diabetes pills cause being on this program has lowered my sugar. I am loving it. I more or less have to make myself eat cause you don't want to starve yourself. I also can have sugar free jello not the pudding but the jello cause it has 0 carbs and I think 10 grams of calories. I eat beef jerky too. I don't mind the questions. I have messengers to chat on but don't want to put it here is there a way to send a private message  here or no?
Tina
you guys are not talking about the same thing. Kiley is trying to do 20 grams of fat a day and Tina is doing 20 grams of carbs a day. Kiley, all that meat will not work for you unless it is really really lean. I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas either, I didn't know lean cuisines and all that were more than that. I don't count my calories and fat grams to that extent, I just keep it as low as I can. I do lots of salads and raw veggies, and I'm starting to do fat free yogurt. There's lots of stuff that says its fat free, just try to experiment. Ask your doctor for advice since it was his bright idea!

No you cannot do private messages. If you post your emails or anything like that they will delete it and may even keep you from getting on here again. best of luck to you both
Thanks so much for everyone's help!!! One more question when you go out to dinner how do I know how much fat is in the meal I choose? just get a salad or grilled chicken and guess? Thanks so much
that's what I do, plus ordering low or fat free dressing, etc. But you can ask them for nutrition info and how they prepare the food, like what kind of oil they use and so on. You can also ask for just half an entree. Its your food and they know people are trying to eat healthier these days, make them work with you.
I noticed that some restaurants have a web site for their site and some have their food and nutrition listed. I saw that with wendy's Not sure how many more but it is just a thought.
Tina
Hello, about 7 years ago I did this diet and successfully lost about 85 lbs. I also exercised 4 days a week while on it. I found a book at a local book store that, infact I "think" was called the 20 fat gram a day diet.  The book is purple and small enough to fit in your purse and has a fat gram counter/dial attatched to it.  I saw it a well known book store a while back so I know that it is still out on the market.  The book is very useful! It gives the fat grams for almost everything out there. And if something wasn't in it I would just read labels.  I would also write down everything I put in my mouth. As far as eating out, you can go to any web site and get a nutritional guide. I know all the fast food chains have one. For lunches I mostly ate baked potatoes with salt/pepper and fat free spray butter, salads with fat free dressings, and if I went to b/king or micky d's I would just order a hamburger with a diet coke.  For something sweet try sherbert its low fat and good. I ate a lot of fruits and low fat walmart brand yogurt.  And yes you can eat anything, like for instance if a snickers candy bar had 7 grams of fat I would only eat 1/2 of it and something with not fat in it and make that my meal.  I would also try and save up as many fat grams throughout the day so that I could eat more for dinner.  This diet takes some getting used too but it does work. Oh and another thing I did was reward myself on the weekends with one day of 30 grams of fat.  Hopefully this info will help. Chat later.
in re: going out to eat...
Try to decide where you are going BEFORE you leave your house.  Look up the nutritional info online before you leave and decide on 2 choices. (Guaranteed if you have your heart set on one, they won't have it anymore.)
Obviously, ask for dressings on the side and even cut away 1/2 of the meal for lunch the next day.
Easier said than done, but if you really focus on this when going out, you won't get the surprises when you get home.  I learned my lesson when I was on Weight Watchers I went to Max & Erma's and got a nice salad.  That nice salad, that I thought I was being so good with, had almost all of my points for the day! Yikes!
that sounds like a very good meal plan. I would make it skim milk, you can even put an artificial sweetener packet if you don't like the taste. And make sure the turkey and cheese are low fat. Also, drink a lot of water and keep up that exercise!

I hope you get the results you want and your time with your husband is wonderful. Tell him thanks for his service!
Thank you all for giving me advice and helping me out I really appreciate all the help. I am going to try all these things and hope it works. I always thought to loose weight I would have to eat lots for protein, and salads for the rest of my life and I knew that was not a life style for me it was a diet, I cannot do diets forever I have to find something I can live with and not get burn out on it so maybe I will see great results from this...QUESTION if I ate something like this each day do you think I will see results breakfast-kix cereal 1 cup & 2% milk,
lunch- turkey and cheese sandwhich, snack- those 100 calorie ritz snack mix, dinner-lean cuisine...Is that too many carbs, not enough healthier choices..I know I am being a pain and to asking many questions but I want to make sure I am doing EVERYTHING right to loose weight..My husband is in the Military and he has always been deployed to Iraq or trainning so this is our first big vacation and I would really like to loose as much as a can before the trip in Nov. and would really like to take some Christmas pictures in Dec. :(
AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH!!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS TO EVERYONE!!!
I was on 1000 calorie, 20 fat gram per day diet, but I only ate 3 meals a day.  I took fastin which is generic phentermine and had to force myself to eat.  I didn't really worry about dividing my calories and fat grams up evenly between meals and I lost 14 pounds the first month and 12 the second.  I would eat a 6 inch sub from Subway for dinner a couple of times a week and usually had to force myself to eat all of it.  I ate Healthy Choice Dinners from time to time as well.  I found it didn't really matter if the calories and fat grams were split evenly.  That does seem almost impossible and I've been watching calories and fat grams for as long as I can remember!!  Good luck.