Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Robin67's experience with B12/B6 injections

So I joined another site called spark people and I've been keeping a journal on this site about my progress with B12 injections but that site is more focused on losing weight the "right way." -Diet and exercise. I am on a diet and hope to include exercise soon but can't help try this b12/b6 thing so the following posts are what I posted on their site. Some of the posts may not make sense because I'm referring to their site (sprakpeople). I want to move my journal here because most people know what I'm talking about and have more knowledge on this program, plus any time I do a google search for "b12 injections / weight loss" this site comes up in the search so people interested may get something out of these posts... anyway I hope you all don't mind me doing this and taking up some space..if so please let me know.

PS please excuse all my typos and misspellings!
(this is from my Sparkpeople.com journal-April 21, 2006)

Hi everyone, My name is Robin and I hope to be a part of this site for a long time to come. I am 22 years old and live in Las Vegas, NV. I was around 150lbs for most of my adolecense. I ate as healthy as any teenager and was involved in sports at school. Back them I saw myself as "fat." Now I look at my photos in my tennis outfit senior year in high school and wish I could have that body back so bad.

I joined the military when I was 18 at 165 pounds and was only in the Army for a year. Although I didn't lose ANY weight through bootcamp or my training afterwards I felt so good about my self, and fit my clothes great. So 15 pounds heavier and I was finally happy, no just acceptant but happy with my body. Go figure.

Then when I got out of the military I took at job at an insurance call center, sitting on my butt all day. I, as well as my boyfriend, worked swing shift. We got off around 9pm to 11pm. And of course we ate a late dinner and went to bed just a few hours later. So I went from having mandatory exercise 5 days a week to no exercise, sit all day, and eat late dinners. Eventually I've managed to gain 20 lbs a year for 3 years.

Now I'm at 217 lbs (5'5") and HAVE to do something. A few friends and co workers have tried this diet thats supervised by a weightloss doctor. It's most important aspect is the vitamin B12 and B6 injections twice a week. Everyone I know that's done this has had great success and has kept off the weight. It's pricy and inconvenient but what diet is a walk in the park? So this along with the meal plans and etc from this site, I hope I can lose 67 lbs.

So here it goes!!

I'm going to try to keep a journal of my progress, feelings, ect in the journal section. I'll post more about my "diet" as I learn about it. I have my first appointment with the dr tomorrow.

SW: 217 4/20/06
CW: 217 4/20/06
GW: 150 1/01/07
This post is from my sparkpeople.com journal

April 21, 2006 The "cleansing diet" AKA worst diet ever!

BTW I had my first consultation with the dr's assistant on Tuesday. They took blood from me(don't know what they're testing for) and did a dexiscan. (its a bed you lay on and some sort of scanner passes over your body and determines your body fat.)

After my tests come back, I can start the diet. But before I start this longterm diet (details are still unknown until I talk to the dr tomorrow) I have a "cleansing diet" I have to do for 3 days (I'm on the 2nd day now.) Its a bit like atkins. I can have as much meat (except pork) as I want and as much lettuce (I don't say salad because you can't have tomatoes, carrots, etc in it, so might as well say what it is, just lettuce) and oil and vinagar as I want. Also I can have as much steamed or raw green veggies as I want except peas. I can have as much butter and oil as I want (can you say eewwww!) but only 1/4 teaspoon on lite salt a day. Also I can have 2 eggs a day. I have to eat one orange in the morning and one in the evening, you drink 64oz of water plus 8oz for every 25 pounds you want to lose. That puts me at 80oz a day. I can have two glasses of ice tea a day and 2 diet clear sodas. This diet is supposed to cleanse your body of sugars and starches to begin the acutal long term diet (I like to call it lifestyle change, diet seems temporary)

Im on my 2nd day and as the nurse warned, I feel a little dizzy. My body's going into carbo withdrawl . Yesterday was my first day and I had steamed veggies from Panda Express (probably had too much salt) for lunch. Prime rib with steamed green beans and a lettuce (salad) with oil and vinagar. Then I was hungry when I got home around 8pm so I made some hamburger meat balls with garlic and very little salt. It sounds so unhealthy to eat meatballs as a snack, but that's what they want... Of course I don't think they want me to eat them at 8 at night...

Nothing "filled me up" yesterday. But I think I'm used to feeling stuffed and have translated that into satisfying my hunger.

Today is much better on the hunger side. I woke up and ate an orange, then for lunch I had a browned chicken breast mixed in with my eggs. (not too good but it was filling) I still have to decide on dinner... But the carb withdrawls started today. Everytime I look down I get a little spell of being dizzy, nothing severe. The only thing getting me through this horrid diet is that it's only 3 days.

till next time...
This post is from my Sparkpeople.com journal

April 29, 2006- 10.5 pounds in 8 days?

Well it

April 22, 2006- The program starts

So I saw the DR yesterday, he said my goal of 67 lbs by 01/01/07 is very realist and he pretty mcuh gaurantees I'll lose the weight if I follow his advise. He prescribed phentermine, a water pill, and mulivitamin. The diet is 1200 calories with only 2 servings of carbs a day. that is going to be hard. So I'm a work right now (shh) and i took the phentermine for the first time. My face feels a little numb and I get tingles running up my neck and back of my head sometimes. I'm a little concerned, I'll probably call the dr Monday and see if this is normal. Other than that I feel great, I have a lot of energy and no hunger whats so ever. Actually the thought of a lump of potatoes is disgusting right now... Anyway, back to work...

April 25, 2006- First weight in

Well I went to the DR today to get my twice a week shot. I've lost 1.7 pounds since Friday (2 days ago.)
This is HUGE for me. There was a time last summer that I worked out 4/5 days a week for a month and only gained weight! I can't remember the last time I lost a pound. I know it sound silly but I've only been going up for the last 3 years.

NSTONERP: Thanks for the support. Most places call it a "bariatric" clinic. In las vegas its listed as a Medical weight loss clinic. They do other things there like botox and laser therapy...

BTW this is what one of the nutrient experts from the site posted about b12/b6

These are sometimes given in a shot form when the body is unable to absorb the nutrients in the usual way OR when there is malabsorption of nutrients due to bariatric surgery. Not being familiar with your medical history I am unable to comment further on your needs.
Becky

My dr told me B12 help you absorb nutrients, carbs ect..correctly instead of kicking them back to fat. It also in some way helps your metabalism work properly as well.

It was $235 for consultation, blood work, and a dexiscan (takes picture of you body, muscle to fat ratio...) and then $150 a month for every month I take the shots. It includes on dr visit once a month, 2 shots a week, months supply of appetite suppressant, multivitamin, and water pill. They weight me and I turn in a food diary once a week, and I see the doctor and get measurments taken once a month.

PS please excuse my spelling, its always been horrible..

If you go to www.medhelp.org and go to weight loss on the left column there is a message board about b12/b6. Mostly people talking about their results.

Till next time!
Ok I'm done with all the posts from the other site.

I went to the dr on Monday. On my scale at home I was 211.5, I had gained 2 pounds since I last posted. And when I went to the dr I was 211.4 So offically I've lost 6 pounds, 4 were in this past week. At least now I know my scale is accurate.

I really shouldn't have bought the scale though. I'm on the damn thing all the time and it's discouraging. I'm going to really try to not weight my self for at least a few days.

Also I think I'm already getting immune to the phentermine. I took it around 5:30pm and I already have an appetite (it's 10pm). When I first started taking it I would have to force myself to eat and it would last until I went to bed...

Unfortunatly I work swing shift so my meals and medicine are behind most people by 5 hours...
Thanks for the support Dietqueen. Even though the offical doctors scale is going down every week I feel like its not working as fast as I hoped...i know its crazy but from what I've heard from others, they lost like 25 to 30 lbs in their first month. I'll probably lose 10 pounds my first month which is great
but I guess I'm greedy and I want more off!!! :) Oh well at least I finally found something that works.

At my last Dr visit on Tuesday 5/09/06 I weighed at 208.7. I acutally meet with the doctor (normally I just see the nurse and get my injection) Next Tuesday so we'll see what he thinks of my progress.

SW: 217   4/20/06      

CW: 217   4/20/06  
CW: 215.3 4/24/06   Lost 1.7 4 days
CW: 211.4 5/01/06   "  " 3.9 7 days  
CW: 208.7 5/09/06   "  " 2.7 7 days  

GW: 150   1/01/07
I weighed myself yesterday and I was 205.5!! I couldn't believe it! Especially because I had a big burger the day before. The rest of that day I had little snacks and fruit but I was sure I had gained weight and what do you know? I actually lost 2 lbs! THEN I wake up this morning and it says 203.5!!! Now I know this could be water weight etc.. but if I keep it off until Tues when I see the doctor and weight on his scale I'll feel more confident that mine is right. And I acutally lost weight.

Whoo Hoo!!

...What a difference a day makes.

SW: 217 4/20/06

CW: 217   4/20/06
CW: 215.3 4/24/06 Lost 1.7 4 days
CW: 211.4 5/01/06 " "  3.9 7 days
CW: 208.7 5/09/06 " "  2.7 7 days
CW: 203.5 5/12/06 " "  5.2 3 days (??? yet to be confirmed :)

GW: 150 1/01/07
its all little weird, I really didn't eat or exercise differently and I lost 5 pounds in 3 days (from my last post) I weighed myself again this morning and I was still at 203.5. I'm so happy with that! Just weird, compared to the previous WEEKS that I didn't lose 5 pounds during any 7 day period. Oh well

These next two weeks are going to be hard. I've had some expenses pop up this month that I didn't know about so I can't go to the doctor (and pay $200) for two weeks, and that means no b12 for two weeks!(I see the dr. and pay once a month and that gives me a months supply of phentermine, vitamins, water pill, plus two shots a week for 4 weeks) In the beginning I wasn't taking the pills everyday so I have enough of them to last me... but I wonder what not having the shot for 2 weeks will do...

SW: 217 4/20/06

CW: 217 4/20/06
CW: 215.3 4/24/06 Lost 1.7 4 days
CW: 211.4 5/01/06 " " 3.9 7 days
CW: 208.7 5/09/06 " " 2.7 7 days
CW: 203.5 5/12/06 " " 5.2 3 days
CW: 203.5 5/15/06 Same :)

GW: 150 1/01/07
I know I did the same thing. Last night we took my mother in law for her birthday/mothers day dinner. Of course we had to go to an italian restuarant! It was sooo good though. I wanted to acutally enjoy my food so I didn't take the phentermine. It does an amazing job suppressing my hunger. It almost disguests me to eat when I take it. I wanted to enjoy dinner so I choose not to take it. I regret that a little but oh well. I had half of my plate of penne pasta with a spicy tomato sauce. But it was ALOT compared to how I have been eating. It was strange to actually be hungry for once. I've been taking this pill for a few weeks and couldn't remember the sensation of hunger anymore. I don't think I'm gonna weight my self until Saturday. At least I'm gonna try...
Yippee!! I'm weighed in this morning and was 199.5. No more 200's!! Lets just hope it stays off and keeps going down!! That means 18 pounds lost in 31 days!!

SW: 217 4/20/06

CW: 217 4/20/06
CW: 215.3 4/24/06 Lost 1.7  4 days
CW: 211.4 5/01/06 " " 3.9   7 days
CW: 208.7 5/09/06 " " 2.7   7 days
CW: 203.5 5/12/06 " " 5.2   3 days
CW: 203.5 5/15/06 Same :)
CW: 199.5 5/21/06 Lost 4    6 days

GW: 150 1/01/07
Ok so this morning I weighed on my scale 197.5, at the dr's office in the afternoon I was 200.9. I'm just gonna put the dr's weight on my chart...

SW: 217 4/20/06   *=Weight according to Dr's scale

*CW: 217 4/20/06
*CW: 215.3 4/24/06 Lost 1.7 4 days
*CW: 211.4 5/01/06 " " 3.9 7 days
*CW: 208.7 5/09/06 " " 2.7 7 days
CW: 203.5 5/12/06 " " 5.2 3 days
CW: 203.5 5/15/06 Same :)
CW: 199.5 5/21/06 Lost 4 6 days
*CW: 200.9 5/23/06

GW: 150 1/01/07