Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Side effects of diet pills

Hi everyone

I did the 8 week regiment with slimquick.  I had no side effects accept that I had great energy but the last few weeks I had cramping and heartburn.  I decided that I just wasn't going to continue and get back to doing things naturally but the day I stopped taking it it was like my body crashed!  i was so tired. by dinner time I just wanted to go to bed, i had a severe headache also.  has anyone else ever had this happen to them?  and is it typical?
I started taking slimquick and for a month everything was good i was losing wait and had energy, until one day i was working out and fainted, i had never fainted before i started taking slimquick. then i stoped taking them and my i got sick i was feeling dizzy all the time and couldnt breath right and felt weak and lazy also scared. i am now trying to recover from those pills. from now on ill just do it the natural way!
I have been taking it for 2 weeks and decided that my dose this a.m. will be my last.  I have been moody, tired, achy etc since starting it.  I wish I could get a refund.  My weight is about 137 and I wanted to lose just a few more pounds.  It's not worth it.
I started using slimquick about two weeks ago and I started getting these headaches that I can't seem to get rid of. It hurts my eyes and makes me feel more stressed than before I started them.
I started slimquick 3 days ago and I had to stop taking it. I experienced huge amount of anxiety but since i dont drink coffee, thought the caffeine might be the problem but that i would get used to it. I couldnt sleep the first night, the second night (yesterday i had chest pain at night). Today i did my regular exercise routine, I had to stop eraly because of MAJOR chest pain (it felt like i was having a heart attack), after the second one about 4 hours later I knew i had to stop. I suffer from anxiety on the regular so it might be that too.
i was taking slim quick for about two week and had to stop because i was feeing dizzy and my heart was just racing and couldnt breath
Thank you so much for this site! I was taking the old Slim Quick didn't seem to bother me. I guess they changed the formula or something. I have not been able to sleep at night. I am having breathing problems . I too do not drink any coffee, yet my heart seems to be pounding all the time. I feel like I am having panic attacks! I exercise every day, twice a day, all of a sudden I can't get through my rountine! . When I am out for my power walk, I can't get a proper breathing pattern . I am stressed all the time.  I can't get through my chores of the day, it seems to over whelming!. I don't even want to leave my house! Took this product before. I loved the way it controlled my hunger and still left me feelin calm. Now a year break from it and a new package, and I  feel like I am having a nervous break down! I am so glad to read that others are experincing the same thing . Sad thing is I just started another bottle.I didn't think it was the Slim Quick, thought it was just me! Now after reading these comments I feel better. I am not alone! or going crazy! signed  getting sick over getting thin!Sylv
I have been taking SlimQuick on and off for almost two years.  It is great for me.  After hearing others experiences and reflecting on mine, I think that this dietary supplement is really not for people who exercise.  I am not a person who exercises but I did lose about 50 lbs over the course of my use and kept it off.  I did moderate exercise like walking and being outdoors.  But I just stuck to a simple low-carb diet and Slimquick helped me because I had do cravings and no desire for foods any time of the month.  I was perfect.  However, I stopped taking it because I wanted to see how depend I was on it and I did crash but only when it was PMS time.  I was ravaging chocolate and very starchy foods, had severe mood swings etc.  But prior to finding SlimQuick I was on the verge of seeing a specialist for my PMS which only showed up when I turned 27 ( and got worse every year, I am now 29).  I was severely depressed  and emotionally unstable of a week out of each month and that all changed after Slimquick.  I just started taking it again last week after not being on it for over 2 months and having bad food cravings around PMS time.  I also missed the energy.  I am back to my low-carb lifestyle and have lost 5 lbs this week alone.  I will probably be a life long customer. :-)
This is my second day on slimquick. After this morning's dose (I didn't sleep well last night for other reasons) I got this heart "pang." I drank a good dose of water and that seemed to help but all day I felt jittery and my heart was going a little fast for my liking. I don't drink coffee because I hate the feeling I get from it, so maybe that's all it is. I don't think I'll be taking a double dose next week as it instructs because I don't want to feel "worse." I thought I would buy the product to give it a chance because I'm the type to say "how will I ever know unless I try it?" I'll see how it goes for this week and make my mind up from there. If it gets that bad as some of you say, I WILL be getting my money back alright.
I think every diet pill/program is different for everyone though. We'll see! I only need to lose 15lbs but it's easier said than done.
STARTED HAVING THE MOST TERRIBLE HEARTBURN AND STOMACH PAIN AND CRAMPS STOPPED USING IT.

LDV
Does anyone have any side effects when drinking alchohol along with taking this product
Is my second day taking the Slimquick pills... i have alot of energy im usualyy extremely tired and feel like im falling asleep after work... but i feel with tons of energy...only side effect is that i feel extremely nauseous is weird. Everytime i eat something, 20 mins after i feel like i ate an entire buffet line and get all gassy... has anyone else experienced this??
I started the drink mix a few days ago.  I have only had one a day and do feel more energetic and it does great to suppress my appetite.  Yesterday I felt like maybe my heart rate was up a bit, but I had stupidly had a big Diet Coke right before the drink mix (which also has caffeine) so I think maybe that was the culprit.  It didnt last long.  No side effects so far, and sleeping great, but I am not drinking this in the evening.  I am going to try to skip the diet coke today altogether since the mix has caffeine.  I also know I will not double up next week since I am not even drinking 2 a day now.  2 a day will be pushing it- no way I am drinking 4!!!
My fiance recently started to take the Slimquick with hoodia pills, and shes seems to be extremely stressed, jumpy, and moody, not to mention her stomach cramps and pains. this is my first time around diet pills, is this normal? will it get better? and how many should she be tanking a day? Thanks in advance
Hi.. I've never taken Slimquick but I do take another diet pill and the moodiness is a side effect of some pills.. I have never had the other symptoms.  Can you check the bottle to see how many it says to take?
I STARTED OUT DRINKING THE SLIM QUICK DRINK, I DRANK THAT FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS I DID GREAT ON THAT., THEN I GOT SOME SLIMQUICK PILLS AND TOOK THEM FOR TWO DAYS THE FIRST  DAY I HAD A HEADACHE  THAT WAS SO BAD THAT IT HURT IN MY SHOULDERS AND IN MY BACK MY FACE EVEN HURT VERY BAD. SICK TO MY STOMACH, LOTS OF ANXIETY CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT I TOOK  TREE PILLS AND WILL  NEVER TAKE ANOTHER ONE
I started taking the Slimquick with Hoodia yesterday in the afternoon. I only took one pill with lots of fluids. I did notice feeling more alert. I work night shift...so I thought this would be a good thing. I had a sudden urge to visit the bathroom at about 3 am...almost 12 hours after taking one pill. Is it a normal side effect to have loose stools? I usually do not take caffeine in any form. I also had a really difficult time falling to sleep...and when I finally did...I only was able to sleep about 3.5 hours and woke up frequently. I took another pill this morning. I dont think I will advance to the two pills as recommened. I am on my way to the gym as usual...I sure hope I don't have any respiratory or cardiac issues as some of you claimed occurred.
I started using slimquick drink mix once befor lunch and i use Relacor..(2 pill in the morning 2 at lunch and 2 befor souper )..and it's been doing wonder's...i dont work out a lot..but try to walk when i can like parking at the end of a parking lot...and trying to plan what and when i eat...and ive lost 45 pound's in 5 month's..It feel's good to be back in shap...i do plan to keep using this system.....
I have been using the drink mix formula and have had no problems other than some bloating and lower abdominal cramps.  I love the energy it gives me and how well it curbs my appetite.  All in all, so far the benefits outweigh the costs.
I am 23 years old and I have just started using the new pill from slim quick and my anxiety has just gone through the roof it only happends in the morning and i start to shake this is my third day of it and I am now starting to get pains in my chest and finding it very hard to breath and I'm not even doing anything!.
I had no problems with the old pill so it must be the new formular.
I still like this pill as my eating habbits have dramatically changed but i'm still really worried about the other side effects I dont think I will double my dose next week either
I started taking the new Slim Quick 7 day plan that's suppose to
detoxify your body. I have alot of chest pains, and heaviness in my
chest.
I have extreme fatigue.  I know it's not due to exercise , because I
have exercise intolorance, so I walk and due very light exercise.
I think my  heart has went back into vtach.
So I have just wasted my money on this product. With some it
may do okay. But not for me. I did not loose any weight.
I have a diet plan and can't have caffeine.
So good luck to everyone else.
They may do fine. Just not for me..
ive been on this for about two to three weeks and it started out really good i didnt have any side affects but literally this past week my body went into some weird arrest state.  i had really bad headaches i CRAVED! FOOD like crazy but everytime i ate my stomach hurt and i almost threw up a couple of times. hast his happend to anybody my heart beats fast sometimes but the only time i really had a bad attack was when i was stupid and had two cups of straight coffee and sugarr and the two pills in the am. yeah. dont do that thats when i almost fainted. i hope and pray i dont becasue i can see a difference in my body, im only 140 and like my body but i just want to loose a lil you know. but how do you increase your weight loss?
I started Slim Quick about a year ago, and thought it was a breakthrough miracle pill. I had tons of energy, no jitters, no side effects. I exercised occasionally, and did lose some weight. I loved being able to tackle the day like a pro, all the time without fail. And I never jumped to the double dose either. One pill in the AM and one in the afternoon worked just fine and did the trick. Then I became sick a couple weeks ago (sinuses, allergies) and stopped taking the Slim Quick pills for a couple days and WHOA! Crash and burn. I got terrible chest pains and in my upper abdomen, and swore I was having cardiac arrest. I was minutes away from going to the ER. All I had been doing was lying in bed watching a DVD before bed, and had not done anything overly physical that day. It finally decreased, and after 3 days seemed to be gone. This was last week. Now I am tired, feels like my arms and legs weigh a ton to move (I weight 153 at 5"5 and had a baby two yrs ago, if that matters) and my chest feels like a load of bricks are pressing on it and I feel like I can barely breathe. I fully feel now that this is the result of the diet pills, especially after reading everyone else's testimonials. I know everyone is different, but I think these things can be potentially dangerous to the wrong person(s). Be SUPER careful ladies. Losing weight is not worth your life. I still don't know what irreparable damage I may have done to myself and my heart, my vascular & circulatory system, brain, etc. - that is, until I see a doctor next week. Good luck people.
I've been taking the Slimquick power for ten days (one at 9am one at 1pm) and after day 7 or 8 I would get very light headed when I would stand up. It took me a few days to make the connection but it's got to be the Slimquick. I was edgy, and dizzy when I would stand up (even from just sitting in my chair at work!).  What they say is true...diet & exercise is the only way to do it.  I only wanted to lose about 10 lbs., guess I'll do it  the old fashioned way.
ok, this is scary! I recommend anyone taking this product should STOP immediately! I have been taking this product for 2 months and initially, I thought it was the best thing ever. I went from a size 10 to a size 6 in 2 months, and I could see that my body wasn't retaining a ton of water as normal. My 2nd month using the product I started having heart problems. The scary thing is that I could be sitting on the couch, and my heart would start racing out of no where. It scared me so bad I had my mother drive me to the hospital. The first thing the nurse asked me is it I was taking diet pills, and if so I needed to STOP. Did I listen? No... I didn't leave well enough alone. Plus, I thought maybe there was a possibility that I could gain the weight back if I stopped taking the product. So, I decreased the dosage. I would take 1 a day, either in the morning or afternoon, Well, that worked fine until last night. I woke up out of my sleep because my heart was racing, and it was like I was having a panic attack. It is not worth risking my health or even my life to loose a few lbs. I learned my lesson now, and I am not going to continue to use the product any further. If you happen to come acrros this blog, please DO NOT IGNORE. I don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else.