Weight Loss Alternatives Community

So Many Weight Loss Programs - NONE WORK!

Is anyone else tired of seeing all these so called success stories where people lose 500 pounds in 3 weeks?  Anyone with a real weight problem is suffering and these ads are just downright INSULTING to all of us who work so hard to lose even 2 pounds in a week!

I can only hope that one day the doctors & pharmaceutical geniuses finally realize what most of us with real weight problems already know - weight loss is a METABOLISM PROBLEM!  

Going into restaurants and watching 90 pound females devour 3 times what I do, yet never gaining an ounce is damned infuriating!  

Sorry - I'm just venting and wondered if anyone else shares my frustration?

Michael
I   ABSOLUTLY   AGREE !!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you. I am also tired of all of that. I'm frustrated. The funny thing is that most of those who make millions with our frustrations are far from being skinny. We let them deceive us and that is bad for both our financial situation and our emotions. Those fake progams are expensive, and have you noticed the prices of diet pills? unbelievable!!  
Also, why is it that all the "healthy food" is so expensive?!?!?!  I hardly ever see any fruits and vegetable on sale.  Its alway the processed food that they sell for pennies compared to the good for you food!!!
Right! Any weight loss aid you have to pay for can only be a scam. Less calorie intake or more burning of calories is the only thing that makes sense and that comes for free. Business can not survive without inventing new needs. Of course the media plays a huge role in this and will aways help to promote certain ideals that we know the majority of people does not meet. So we keep on buying our way into being skinnier, happier, blonder, more fertile, more successful, ageless, you name it. It is not a coincidence that the tabloids still present blondes as having more fun or success while the vast majority of the world population is dark haired. And the weight loss hype may be the only chance left to fill up the grocery stores with new products as you can only present a banana as a banana and not sell more or at a higher price. Just an analogy. If one or another weight loss program helps us re-discover the right balance between eating and activity, great. But that is as good as it gets.
I'm on a weight-loss plan that I had to pay for...and I could have done it without paying for it...but it really has helped me. I'll share the jist of it with you...i've mentioned it before, but I'm not allowed to name the program because medhelp thought I was advertising it. In fact, I was kinda doing the opposite. I was sharing how it worked with everyone so that you could do it for FREE! I've lost 13 lbs so far since the beginning of the year and I feel great. It hasn't been easy, but I've done it.

Here is the jist of it:

Women: eat between 1000-1200 calories a day
   exception - if you weigh more than 250 lbs you can  
   have 1300-1500 calories a day

Men: eat between 1300-1500 calories a day
   exception - if you weigh more than 300 lbs you can
   have 1600-1800 calories a day

No crackers, chips, rolls, breads, popcorn, white flour products, tortillas, snack foods, pastas, potatoes, and NO SUGAR.

Drink your 8 glasses of water a day!

Do this for 6 weeks and see what happens! No cheating!

Thank you for sharing that info with the rest of us. Some of those programs do help but the thing is that they are so expensive it's not even funny.
I just think that there are lots of issues we have to deal with everyday, including bills, work, school, health etc and the media, industry, sellers, advertisers etc just add more stress, and the sad part is that we still follow and we listen and we fall even though deep down we know they are just bunch of liars. This generation has an ideal image when it comes to women and men that most of us cannot have because simply we are not meant to be physically perfect. Us women are pretty emotional. I already reached my goal and I still see an ugly person when I look in the mirror because of all of these things I've just mentioned. The ideal image and body thing gets to you whether we want it or not because it's everywhere. I find myself talking about weight issues everywhere I go because the topic has become the number one subject in every single place. Even when you go to restaurants you still can't eat without feeling guilty or someone making you feel bad just by looking at you. It's just horrible. I've had awful experiences I would very much like to share. I just wish this would end one day so we can all live normally and accept ourselves. Too bad it's just a wish.