Weight Loss Alternatives Community

WEIGHT LOSS WITH B12

I HAVE BIN GOING TO THE GYM FOR 10 MONTHS AND I LOST 82 LBS BUT ON JUNE I STARTED THE B 12 SHOT AND IN 3 WEEKS HAVE LOST 20 LBS.SO NOW I HAVE LOST 102 LBS IN 11 MONTHS.
Just started yesterday with the B-12 for weight loss.  I do see
a difference on the scale today.  What type of foods are you eating.  I am going to Dr. Gupta in Greenbelt, MD but the diet
program stinks. HELP
Congradulations on the weight loss.  I need to find out what
you are eating on the plan to lose weight.  My doctor in greenbelt gave a bad diet plan.  You can only eat meat at lunch and no more meat for the rest of the day.  I just started and
need to find another diet plan to use.  I will keep going to get
the B-12 shot, but need another diet plan. Help
well i would eat 3 egg white in the morning  a small fruit for snack protein and veg  for lunch fruit  4 snack and more protein for dinner .i know it is hard but if u want to look good next summer u know what u have to do.if u ever fall off the diet doint ever give up just keep on going because i have fell off a lot of times but i keep on going.plz no sugar no salt and no bread .if u stay away from that your weight will fall off.
I hate to tell you this, but you are losing weight because you are on a low calorie diet and are exercising.  B12 SHOTS DO NOT CAUSE PEOPLE TO LOSE WEIGHT.  They may make you feel better and give you an extra boost of energy, but I promise you, B12 shots do not cause weight loss!  I know this, I have studied this.  Ask any MD.
....and by the way, congratulations on your weight loss.  Keep up the good work.
Starting weight 11 montrhs ago;365
WENT ON VACTION ON MAY 23
Starting weight 6/1/06: 282  
As of 6/23/06: 257.5
Total weight loss: 35.5 lbs
height 6 feet
Starting size: 22
Current size: Loose 20
i would like to be a size 16 and that is small 4 me because i came from a size 30 11 months ago
SORRY PEOPLE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS IS 25.5 LBS
thank you spiritfan.how are u doing with your weightloss ?.it is 8 am and i am gettin dress to go to the gym like i do 6 days a week .i remember when i never like to work out but i went from having to go to wanting to go and now if i doint go i fell like i would die lol .that is how much i have change over the year. my body fat went fron 60% to 35%and how i am workin on gettin it down to 25%.because i am tall i have to take off 20 to 25 lbs for a dress size.i think when i get to 200 or 220 i will stop doing so much carido and do more weight training i doint know what is a good weight for my height ?.some say 180 but i thing that is to small for me i want to stay thick and sexy i want a little meet on my bone lol. have a good day all
Hello Everyone.  I am in the DC/MD area.  People have referred me to Dr. Gupta in Greenbelt because there is no physical given for the B12 shot.  I will be going to Dr. Beale's office in DC.  I go for my physical on July 14th.  I'm very excited and am anxious to see how the B12 shots work for me, but I've never heard anything negative about the shots.  Does anyone have any negative to say i.e., side effects or anything?
I have not tried the shots but have heard (as we all have) several positives and negatives.  What I have not heard about is: side effects.  Additionally, if one receives these shots and reduces weight, is the weight gained again once the shots are stopped.  Please advise.
Thanks for sharing what to eat.  Going to Dr. Gupta but the plan
is bad.  There are no food choices just follow the menu.  It is not a good plan.  I am going just for the B-12 shots.  Read too much about the medication and it scares me.
Apparently there are no side effects to the B vitamin shots (from what I understand - I'm not a doctor) unless you have a certain medical condition - I've forgotten which one - but that is why you get checked by a doctor first. It seems pretty safe.

It's the pharmaceutical suppressants and hormones - versus vitamins - that I would be more worried about.

As to putting the weight back on;
B vitamin cocktails aren't magic. If you lose the weight the diet worked for you.
If the weight goes back on, it's not the fault of the diet.

The vitamin cocktails help the body do it's job. Making the diet work is about determination, and I suppose, a litle luck.

I should know, I failed enough times over the years because I didn't change my eating habits after I lost the weight. Hopefully this time will be different (for me and you too).

Good luck