Weight Loss Alternatives Community

What Vegtables can I eat while doing the Hcg diet?

Can anyone tell me the veggies they eat on the HCG diet and still lose weight?? Thank you so much!!
I can relate to the hunger for sure!  I thought I would attack a small child eating ice
cream too close to me and found myself gazing at the dog's dish.  After the first
week it eased up a little, but I still have erotic dreams about certain foods and
can't watch too many food commercials  without getting bitchier than usual!  But
I keep reminding myself that this is only a small 6 week slice of time out of my
whole life and of course, tying it into Lent has helped.  I'm sacficing practically
everything that ever made me happy (mainly food...).  I have to admit, ktna, I
did have one small slip and it made me so sick (it was a cookie...a large cookie)
that I learned a lesson.  Be sure to remember that when you do go back to eating
some more normal meals in phase 3, you will have lost the desire for sugars and
carbs.  What you've really lost is the addiction to these and that's a fact.  Just hang
in there, cry a little, and blog me if you need a pep talk!

As for veggies, I've found the simpler the better. If you don't like chard, beet greens
and all the other crap listed, just go for broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, butter
lettuce, cucumbers, red onions and get that sugar free salsa (Krogers) to use.
Put lots of McCormick's Pepper Blend and garlic on everything.  Ginger and
cinnamon are good too.  Fruits are limited, but you can broil your grapefruit half
with Stevia and cinnamon.  See my new recipie in earlier blog for apples and
chicken.  Try the Miracle Noodles too.  They bulk up with chicken or fish, have
no food value and looks like a larger meal.

Chew everything to a pulp, drink lots of water before, during and after each meal
and eat with a Zen attitude:  see how many flavors you can taste and imagine
that the food is energizing every cell of your body.  Sounds goofy, I know, but
it refocuses your concentration.  I hung my favorite 501's next to the fridge and look
forward to the day I can get into them w/o crying.  Like alcoholics, we are over-
coming the addiction of bad and careless eating, so take it one day at a time,
but keep your goals in the front of your mind whenever you get discouraged.

BTW, I'm on my 17th day of injections, down 15lbs so far, looking for 35lbs loss
by St. Patricks Day.  Then it's 6 weeks of phase 3 which is so much like Atkins,
your friends who watched (and listened) to you suffer for 40 days will be shocked
when you eat steak, butter, eggs, avocados, cheese, etc!  No starches, sugars
or bad carbs.  Then you can repeat the Protocol if you want to lose more. I have
65lbs to give back to the universe so will be repeating.  I hope you're on the shots
too.

Good luck!

JazzBaby

Hi and Thank you for writing to me. Today is my 2nd day and it was very hard!! I did lose over 2 pounds this a.m  but it was the exact amount I gained on the 2 days of gorging! I'm taking HCG made by Mediral which is a Homeopathic form. I made a rush judgment when i purchased it. I should have read more. I was just having a problem finding where I could buy it. Have you ever heard of all day chemist *******. I just bought hcg brand name hucog from the company. After I bought it I found that I need a prescription (I think) which I don't have. I thought they would ask me medical info or something so I could get a prescription but they never did. I think this diet really works but finding what you need and where to purchase it is the problem!! The closes clinic to my home is 3 hour away. I can't do that. I'm getting very discouraged!!  I will continue taking what I have and hope it will get better...but it's hard when my stomach is growling all the time.
I'm not too familiar with the products you bought, so I can't offer feedback, but perhaps
you are not getting enough hcg or it is too diluted to be effective.  From what I've learned
from all the wonderful people on this blog, nothing works as well as the injections.  I order
mine from hcg-injections.  It comes from  Japan, I believe, and no perscription
is required. I get 2 bottles of 5000 units each and followed their link to supplies for an order (50 insulin needles, swabs, water) for a grand total of 175.00. Giving yourself the shots is VERY easy and there is plenty of help online (videos, etc).  Personally, I've
gotten so good at it, I can talk on the phone, make coffee, yell at my dogs, and shoot.!

By the way, two of my friends here in Dallas, went to local HCG clinics for treatment
- before I could stop them.  One has already paid $3200.00, gets a massive shot
twice a week, and has 400 cal. only.  This is outrageous to me.  And neither one of
them is happy about the cost or the programs.  On the other hand, I also know several
who are doing it like me - at home - and are much more satisfied and successful with
their progress.  Whatever you decide, the fact that you want to make your health and
life better and are willing to take these steps, well....you're already 1/2 way there!
With the money and time you've invested I suppose you can continue as you have,
or you can cut your losses, order the injections and choose an easier path.  In any
case, ktna, you have the support and encouragement of your friends here and I
especially will help however I can.  Don't give up!  It's your well-being that matters
and somehow, you'll find a plan that works.
Hi JazzBaby~I just noticed that you wrote me back on one of my post......about 3 weeks ago! I thought I'd get a "new message"  alert or something. I just happened to go into the post and there your note was. When I wrote the post I was 2 days on HCG under my tongue and I was feeling so hungry! You were so encouraging I wanted to let you know that I've been on the diet for about 4 wks and I've lost 25 lbs! After about a wk the hunger went away! I'm so excited! I have about 10 more days on the 40 day phase and I hope I can lose 5 more lbs to make my weight loss and even 30 .  I wish I didn't have to wait 6 weeks to do another 40 day phase!!! I've thought of waiting only 3 weeks before doing another round...any advice on that???
Thank you for all of the encouragement!!

Tammy  

Tammy  
Im starting the protocol and have my sights set on 25 pounds.  Look forward to having others to share this process with...ups and downs.  My second day of load in, start lcd tomorrow !