What is the best pill to take for controlling your appetite?

Please help!!!!

I am an emotional eater and I am always craving food. I cannot stick to any diet and exercise is not working any more because I eat late night and all the food that I crave is bad for me. I cheat diets and I hide sometimes, so my family doesn't see me eating all the time.  I was talking to someone professionally about this and I was on therapy, but it didn't help. I went through the period of time in my life (when I was 17 years old) when the food was not available to me all the time (during war in Bosnia). I remember stomach pains from hunger and my therapist thinks that my issues are related to that. I know I don't want to ever have that feeling when you are in pain because you didn't have a good meal in weeks. Food now makes me feel safe and makes me feel good (temporarily). After every time I overeat, I am so mad at myself. I cannot stand the weight I am carrying. I am 5'3" and 178 pounds. I don't feel good about myself and I often feel depressed to the point I don't like to go anywhere or do anything.

Is there something out there that can help me control my appetite? I stop smoking by taking Chantix (this pill killed the crave for nicotine to the point that I felt sick if I tried to smoke while taking it). I hope that there is something out there that can make me feel the same way about the food....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I forgot to say that I am very concern about my health if I don't get my eating under control. I have IBS, GERD 9taking Nexium), high cholesterol and triglycerides (taking Tricor and Zocor). My dad had diabetes and it runs on his side of the family. My doctor told me if I don't lose the weight that I have very high chance of becoming a diabetic.  
Helpful - 0
I thought that this is the site where people give each other support ...I am little bit disappointed that no one cared enough to reply :(
Helpful - 0
Hi!
Sorry for the late reply!
Yes, your problem could be related to stress you faced during the war. Therapy will definitely help you so don’t give that up. In addition, yes, there are medications like phentermine which can be prescribed by your doctor to initially reduce your appetite. The drug cannot be taken for long, but it can be given to help you adapt to a better and healthier lifestyle. It visibly reduces your appetite while you attempt to reduce portion size and adapt healthier eating habits. You also need to incorporate some exercise into your lifestyle. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for your response! I googled this medication and looks like you can buy it online too without prescription. Do you know if this is the same pill or the real deal you can get only through the doctor?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss Alternatives Community