Weight Loss Alternatives Community

Why do people look for quick fixes to weight loss?

How come so many people on here don't just do low-carb and get more exercise? I'm reading all these posts for HCG injections and pills and diet  teas and all these other quackish  supposed quick-loss schemes.  It's really laughable, because once you lose the weight, you have to monitor your eating and exercise anyway, so why not just do that from the beginning and forget about quick fixes?  

Just do low carb, eat a little less than usual, and work out more. It's not rocket science, people.  

Maybe a lot of it is that people think they honestly can go back to their old ways of eating once they lose the weight. But that's a fantasy.
This board is not for you. Go back to where you came from please. We are here to support each other not tear each other down. If you dont like the way we are doing things, dont come here or if you do keep your mouth shut. Not all of us agree on how each of us is doing this but we are supporters and listeners through learning. If you cant be either of these things, you need to take your judgmental self to another site.

Peace!
Gee, I guess you told me.

This isn't a "closed club."  Hate to break the news to you, but anybody can post here.

Here's a theory:  Maybe people really don't want to do the work of losing weight. Because it is work, I'm sure. Patience is something people just don't have much of these days, especially for things like dropping 20 pounds or whatever.

Your defensiveness indicates I possibly hit a nerve with you. Maybe the reality is a little too much to bear for you folks. Do you all really believe you can go back to eating Twinkies and Ho-Ho's after receiving a series of "injections" to "melt" your body fat?  

If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. As I said, it's not rocket science. I'm unclear as to how "injections" and "herbal teas" and pills will help someone change their eating habits, but feel free to enlighten me on that one.
Nope. I don't have "all the answers." But a person would have to be living under a rock these days to understand that if they want to lose weight, they have to eat less and move more. Obesity and type II diabetes are rampant in the U.S., and if you even give 1 minute of your attention to the mainstream media, it's being reported on. Shite, I don't even have  a T.V., and I know it's being reported on from what I've seen on mainstream news websites.

So, I'm asking you people:  What do you hope to gain by using a "quick" fix or a bogus unsubstantiated method to lose weight?  As I said, once you lose the weight, you must monitor your food intake and exercise more ANYWAY.  So why not just do that from the start? How does getting a "self-injection" of hormones?  I've done some reading on the web, and I haven't found one single reputable source indicating that HCG is effective for weight loss, in and of itself. It is ALWAYS
....coupled with a low-calorie diet and exercise.  

So, again, why take it?  Why not just work out more and eat less?

BTW, if you are not eating a low-carb diet, you will not move yourself further towards PERMANENT weight loss if you have blood sugar issues or appetite control problems.  Just sayin'.  

I'm just wondering if a bunch of hucksters hawking this HCG stuff has taken over this forum. Because it sure seems like it. The shite isn't even FDA approved.
Go back to the barn babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are being unkind, rude and arrogant.
Not a great way to influence people or have them take you seriously.

You sound 'mad at the world.'

please refrain from using foul language and atagonistic behaviour or you will lose your membership.

this is a positve, support board.

perhaps if you speak to people kindly, they might listen.

as for the FDA approval.

the FDA is not GOD, they lie, they cover up and the are only concerned with the almighty dollar.

Read Dr. Simeon's Pounds and Inches manuscript from the 1950's and you'll understand about hCG therapy and protocol.

Then come back and rant.

Bitten
Yeah you hit a nerve. The last one I have left for smartarses like yourself who have probably never had a weight problem in their whole life and want to come tell us who have to " just push yourself away from the table and walk 10 minutes a day" You dont know ****. None of us are looking for a quick fix.We are all  working our butts off in many different ways to lose weight that wouldnt come off with your little exercise routine and your carb counting. Go judge someone your own size and get that huge chip off your slender shoulder and head back to your barn.
hahahahaha that was awesome... "go back to the barn , babe"  i was laughing my a** off...... applause!!!!!!
Why in on earth did you ever come on this forum.

You obviously are perfect and healthy and smarter than everyone else here.....Gee I want to be just like you......NOT!

How dare you????

Please go a troll else where.

This is no place for you.

CALORIES IN VS CALORIES OUT.....wow like we already do not know that one?
You are a bloody genius.

hCG helps release stubborn fat, reshapes the body and resets the hypothalamus.

There are plenty of athletes who weigh less than you who use it for metabolic purposes, not to lose weight but to reset their system after years of abuse from non-organic, non-healthy food choices.

No off to that barn.....babe.

Bitten
(off more than you can chew!)

Actually, my "little" exercise routine consists of about 50 miles a week of running and a couple of miles of swimming every week. I also pump iron a couple of times a week. I'm swimming the Golden Gate in a few weeks and training for the Alcatraz Triathlon. I'm planning a marathon in September in which I want to BQ (quality for Boston).  It takes more than "10 minutes of walking" to accomplish any of that.  I am 5'7" and weigh 123#. I haven't weighed more than 130# in over 15 years. Why? Because I follow a very low carb diet and work out on a regular basis.

Ten minutes a day of walking will get you nowhere in terms of improving your general health or helping you lose weight. And I never said that is the case anyway, so stop putting words in my mouth.  

My guess is that baro surgery probably has a higher success rate than this bogus injection "treatment," but I guess reasoning just flies out the window with some people.

There are no quick fixes, folks. I know magical thinking is common when people get  desperate, but the "calories in calories out" line still holds, no matter what you "inject" to "lose" your weight.

Guys, Obviously she's just here to pick a fight and by wasting your time even replying to her post, she's getting the attention she wanted to begin with... Just ignore her, keep in mind she needs all the time she can get to go lift those weights! So let's not occupy her time with our joy, she's just not worth it....
Who the hell do you think you are?  If you are so freaking perfect, why are you even on this board.  You have alot of nerve getting on here and attacking people that are trying to get healthy.  Not all of us were born perfect like you.  If you are what perfect is , I dont want to be it.
Many of us here have thyroid disorder. For years, I ate 1200 cals a day(40 carbs or less per day) and exercised vigorously(1 hour of aerobics plus moderate weights) 6 to 7 days a week and I would still steadily gain weight at a rate of
about one pound per month for 3 years!! Others of us here have adrenal disorders which mimic the same symptoms as thyroid disorder and struggle thru the same
in ability to lose weight.  Others here are in a cycle of depression with weight and continue to eat out of depression. This protocal is not by any means "quick and easy." We are cleansing, drastically reducing our calorie intake, self injecting, carefully monitoring and charting our progress, and excercising.  For you to come here and judge us and imply that we are taking the easy way out because perhaps we are just too lazy to eat less and excercise more, is just plain cruel. This is the only thing that has helped me lose 5 pounds in 3 years. And it is by no means a walk in the park.  You should educate yourself before going into a support group thread to criticize.