Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.26k Members

Why isn’t Phentermine working for me?

I asked my doctor to prescribe me something for weight loss. I’m 50 years old and just started menopause about a year ago. I’m 5’-6” and weighed about 154. Before my menopause started I weighed about 128. I exercise 6 days a week, I actually enjoy it. My diet was pretty unhealthy so since I’ve been on the phentermine I have watched my diet carefully, changed to very healthy items and count my calories. Initially my doctor had me on 15 mg once a day. I kissed 3 pounds right away, then it stopped. The doctor told me to take 30mg a day. I’ve lost another pound and am at 150. I literally cannot seem to lose weight. Any suggestions or ideas? I take vitamins. I was even doing B12 shots before and a few weeks in on this. I’m just lost! Thank you’
1 Responses
This drug is not only not proven effective for long-term use, it's not healthy either.  Do some research on this drug.  I didn't even know it was still legal.  You don't want to make up for a hormonal change by taking a drug.  You want to experiment with your diet until you reach a new and still healthy balance.  You get used to menopause eventually.  You can't do that if you take a drug and alter the way your body works naturally.  Peace.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.