Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Alternatives Community
7.21k Members

hcg diet increasing calores

Help. This is my second try on the Hcg injection.  I struggle with the 500 calorie diet, does anyone know if it is possible to lose weight using in Hcg but eating over 500 calores, such as 700-1000.  I
1 Responses
572196 tn?1231253661
We have used a protein shake and mct oil which increases the total daily calories to 1000 and have had good success with the hcg daily injections. (subcutaneous in belly fat). The protein shake (we use UltraLean by biogenesis) helps to balance the blood sugars throughout the day so you don't have the spike and crash which can leave you feeling hungry all day. The MCT oil promotes the fat loss and also helps somewhat in balancing blood sugar throughout the day.

I don't know if you up your calories with the food what would happen with your weight loss, though. Maybe you could try upping your protein to 4 oz and adding another veggie (from the approved list only) to your meals?

Also, you can get ketosis test strips from your pharmacy and check to see if you are in ketosis. (Fat burning state). If you are  not in ketosis at all that can explain why you are struggling so much with the diet. (If you are not metabolizing your fat, you are not being "fed" so would therefore be hungry. It is your metabolized fat that is supposed to be nourishing you while on the hcg diet. The 500 calorie diet is for your fresh nutrients/protein so you don't get deficient in anything.)

If you are not in ketosis, it might be that you have a bad batch of hcg that is no longer potent. Or you could try cutting out the tomatoes and fruit.

Hope this helps.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.