Weight Loss Alternatives Community

hcg diet scam warning

This was posted at one of the hcg diet group sites on yahoo and I felt it should be posted here as well since so many hcg dieters like myself, seek hcg information here regularly.  

From the editor of hcgdietinfo.com-

hcgdietinfo.com's HCG Provider Directory has recently received a growing number of requests from websites AND individuals claiming to sell HCG via mail order, requiring bank or western union wire transfers for payment.  

We have posted a warning at the hCG Diet Info website, but are still receiving emails from unsuspecting individuals who sent funds, never received their order and are now unable to get their money back.  PLEASE forward this warning and pass the word so we can put a stop to this!

"Warning!!! -hcgdietinfo.com has issued a warning to consumers purchasing hcg online.  A new ring of fraudulent HCG prescription websites have sprung up, requesting Western Union payments or bank wire transfers as payment with no intention of shipping orders.  PayPal, MasterCard, and Visa protect from this sort of scam but DO NOT SEND MONEY TO INTERNATIONAL PHARMACIES VIA WIRE TRANSFER- EVER!"
how about not useing it..lol read this.......

HCG (Generic name: Human chorionic gonadotropin)

Pregnyl by Organon. 5,000 to 20,000 IU (International Units) per 10 cc vials. This drug is not a steroid but it is widely used in athletics today. HCG is a natural protein hormone secreted by the human placenta and purified form the urine of pregnant women. This hormone is not a natural male hormone but mimics the natural hormone LH (Luetinising Hormone) almost identically. This LH stimulates the production of testosterone by the testis in males. Thus HCG sends the same message and results in increased testosterone production by the testis due to HCG’s effect on the leydig cells of the testis. not sure how this would affect fat cells ? nor weight loss ? Normally this HCG is used to treat women with certain ovarian disorders and it is used to stimulate the testis of men who may be hypogonadal. Athletes use HCG to increase the body’s own natural production of testosterone which is often depressed by long term steroid use. Also when steroids are used in high dosages they can cause false signals to the hypothalamus that results in a depressed signal to the testicles. Over a period of weeks of this depressed signal the testicles ability to respond to any signal from the pituitary becomes very weak, which results in testicular atrophy. again...whats this got to do with fat loss ?To avoid this athletes will use HCG to keep an artificial signal going to the testis and preventing testicular atrophy. When administered, HGC raises serum testosterone very quickly. A rise in testosterone firs appears in about two hours after injecting HCG. The second peak occurs about two to four days later.

HCG therapy has been found to be very effective in the prevention of testicular atrophy and to use the body’s own biochemical stimulating mechanisms to increase plasma testosterone level during training. Some steroid users find that they have some of their best strength and size gains while using HCG in conjunction with the steroids. This may wee be due to the facts that the body has high level of natural androgens as well as the artificial steroid hormones at that time.

The optimal dosage for an athlete using HCG has never been established, but it is thought that a single shot of 1000 to 2000 IU per week will get the desired results. Cycles on the HCG should be kept down to three weeks at a time with an off cycle of at least a month in between. For example, one might use the HCG for two to three weeks in the middle of a cycle, and for two or three weeks at the end of a cycle. It has been speculated that the prolonged use of HCG could repress the body’s own production of gonadotropins permanently. This is why the short cycles are the best way to go.

The side effects from HCG use include gynecomastia, water retention, and an increase in sex drive, mood alterations, headaches, and high blood pressure. HCG raises androgen levels in males by up to 400% but it also raises estrogen levels dramatically as well. This is why it can cause a real case of gynecomastia if dosages get too elevated for that person. Another side effect seen from HCG use is morning sickness (nausea and vomiting). There have been no cases of overdose complications with the use of HCG nor have there been any associated carcinomas, liver or renal impairment. HCG was at one point looked at to see if it could carry the AIDS virus, due to the fact that it is biologically active, but the latest word is that this could not be possible in any way. So we see how HCG be used by athletes to avoid some of the problems associated with abruptly stopping a steroid cycle. This product is also not picked up on steroid tests, so some athletes use it to keep androgen levels high before a contest that has drug testing. HCG must be refergerated after it is mixed together, and it then has a life of about 10 weeks. It is taken intramuscularly only; this drug is often available by order of a physician if you show symptoms of hypogonadism. It is hard to find on the black market.
now I know most will say this is big athletes...but that's not true..nor change the facts about this product..with all do respect...after 25 people..(3 top pro athletes) many many reports..books..info...me my self..would 100% not take this..and in no way do I think it can help with weight loss....with all due respect..till I see solid proof Im wrong..that's my opinon..so no yelling at me..lol
__________________
"The Lord is on my side;I have no fear." -psalm 118:6[/b]
Copy / paste is your friend?

New readers - Welcome to the Forum - formerly known as a discussion board for people learning and sharing their experiences, that is now known as -Fightu35's personal project to be as big of an ass as he can be.

Please disregard all FIghtu35's posts, as it will be hard enough to decipher through hos horrible grammar and spelling anyhow. The only articulate and clear writing he may have are those he has copy/pasted from another site.

Please *DO* read posts from all others, as there are many wonderful people on this site. People who have real life experiences with hCG and other weight loss programs. They are losing weight, feeling great, and sharing what they know with those who want to know more.

Best wishes.

lol i notice no comment...hmm..
I dont think it is a scam. I have read alot about it on these forums and the other diet forums and it seems that its working for many people.
Another round for That Girl!  Way to go.

I've been ignoring 'Fight U'.  You can tell by his chosen name what he wants out of this Forum!    Don't give it to him - just ignore.

Believe it or not, my intentions are to try to help you all not make a terrible mistake. First off, you shouldn't take anyone's word for anything, especially on the internet. Research for yourself, and make sure they are credible UNBIASED sites. Here's a great place to start http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml. Notice at the bottom the references include FDA,FTC, and American journal of medicine. Now I understand your point of who cares as long it works, but if you understand what is actually happening, you may not be so quick to try it (and then again maybe you wouldn't care anyways), either way, let me try to shed some light on what's happening, and again do some research and figure this out for yourself. First off the reason you binge for the first 3 days on the diet is to increase water weight for more spectacular results once the diet starts. (glycogen which comes from carbs holds three times it's weight in water and protein holds four times so bingeing increases this dramatically whithin a short period of time). Second you will notice that you are then required to take walks outside, and use saunas as much as possible. Hmmmmmm wonder if that's to increase the water loss. Third the unlimited amount of coffee and tea is what gives you the energy you amazingly have on this diet. Caffeine also acts as an appetite suppressor. You would be amazed at how few calories your body can adjust to, and still be able to function without any use of drugs including hCG. Here's the problem. When you restrict your calorie intake so intensly you end up losing much of the weight in water (as much as 30 #), as well as lean mass and also fat, however the amount of fat compared to water and lean mass is small as your body enters "starvation mode" which triggers it to hold on to as much fat as possible because it is not receiving any through normal diet. Why is this bad? Lean mass is the only thing that burns calories, so when you decide to go off of this diet (which you will), you actually  have to eat much less for the rest of your life to maintain your weight. The only good thing about this diet is that it does teach calorie restriction and eating healthy foods plus excersize will cause weight loss, which is how a FEW people are able to maintain their weight loss, at least till now, but think of how much easier it would be to maintain if you didn't lose large amounts of your calorie burning mass and could eat hundreds of calories more per day for the rest of your life. Unfortunatly this diet is nothing more than a highly unhealthy restrictive diet that will compromise your natural body composition turning you in to a "skinny fat person" who still has all the health risks as before. At a minimum, if you must do this, at least spare your self the $50-150 a pop injections as it is proven that they do nothing and you will obtain the EXACT same results on just the diet. Don't forget how much money these so called Dr.s are making on this and make sure your sources are unbiased. Good luck to you all