Weight Loss Alternatives Community

hcg diet scam warning

This was posted at one of the hcg diet group sites on yahoo and I felt it should be posted here as well since so many hcg dieters like myself, seek hcg information here regularly.  

From the editor of hcgdietinfo.com-

hcgdietinfo.com's HCG Provider Directory has recently received a growing number of requests from websites AND individuals claiming to sell HCG via mail order, requiring bank or western union wire transfers for payment.  

We have posted a warning at the hCG Diet Info website, but are still receiving emails from unsuspecting individuals who sent funds, never received their order and are now unable to get their money back.  PLEASE forward this warning and pass the word so we can put a stop to this!

"Warning!!! -hcgdietinfo.com has issued a warning to consumers purchasing hcg online.  A new ring of fraudulent HCG prescription websites have sprung up, requesting Western Union payments or bank wire transfers as payment with no intention of shipping orders.  PayPal, MasterCard, and Visa protect from this sort of scam but DO NOT SEND MONEY TO INTERNATIONAL PHARMACIES VIA WIRE TRANSFER- EVER!"
how about not useing it..lol read this.......

HCG (Generic name: Human chorionic gonadotropin)

Pregnyl by Organon. 5,000 to 20,000 IU (International Units) per 10 cc vials. This drug is not a steroid but it is widely used in athletics today. HCG is a natural protein hormone secreted by the human placenta and purified form the urine of pregnant women. This hormone is not a natural male hormone but mimics the natural hormone LH (Luetinising Hormone) almost identically. This LH stimulates the production of testosterone by the testis in males. Thus HCG sends the same message and results in increased testosterone production by the testis due to HCG’s effect on the leydig cells of the testis. not sure how this would affect fat cells ? nor weight loss ? Normally this HCG is used to treat women with certain ovarian disorders and it is used to stimulate the testis of men who may be hypogonadal. Athletes use HCG to increase the body’s own natural production of testosterone which is often depressed by long term steroid use. Also when steroids are used in high dosages they can cause false signals to the hypothalamus that results in a depressed signal to the testicles. Over a period of weeks of this depressed signal the testicles ability to respond to any signal from the pituitary becomes very weak, which results in testicular atrophy. again...whats this got to do with fat loss ?To avoid this athletes will use HCG to keep an artificial signal going to the testis and preventing testicular atrophy. When administered, HGC raises serum testosterone very quickly. A rise in testosterone firs appears in about two hours after injecting HCG. The second peak occurs about two to four days later.

HCG therapy has been found to be very effective in the prevention of testicular atrophy and to use the body’s own biochemical stimulating mechanisms to increase plasma testosterone level during training. Some steroid users find that they have some of their best strength and size gains while using HCG in conjunction with the steroids. This may wee be due to the facts that the body has high level of natural androgens as well as the artificial steroid hormones at that time.

The optimal dosage for an athlete using HCG has never been established, but it is thought that a single shot of 1000 to 2000 IU per week will get the desired results. Cycles on the HCG should be kept down to three weeks at a time with an off cycle of at least a month in between. For example, one might use the HCG for two to three weeks in the middle of a cycle, and for two or three weeks at the end of a cycle. It has been speculated that the prolonged use of HCG could repress the body’s own production of gonadotropins permanently. This is why the short cycles are the best way to go.

The side effects from HCG use include gynecomastia, water retention, and an increase in sex drive, mood alterations, headaches, and high blood pressure. HCG raises androgen levels in males by up to 400% but it also raises estrogen levels dramatically as well. This is why it can cause a real case of gynecomastia if dosages get too elevated for that person. Another side effect seen from HCG use is morning sickness (nausea and vomiting). There have been no cases of overdose complications with the use of HCG nor have there been any associated carcinomas, liver or renal impairment. HCG was at one point looked at to see if it could carry the AIDS virus, due to the fact that it is biologically active, but the latest word is that this could not be possible in any way. So we see how HCG be used by athletes to avoid some of the problems associated with abruptly stopping a steroid cycle. This product is also not picked up on steroid tests, so some athletes use it to keep androgen levels high before a contest that has drug testing. HCG must be refergerated after it is mixed together, and it then has a life of about 10 weeks. It is taken intramuscularly only; this drug is often available by order of a physician if you show symptoms of hypogonadism. It is hard to find on the black market.
now I know most will say this is big athletes...but that's not true..nor change the facts about this product..with all do respect...after 25 people..(3 top pro athletes) many many reports..books..info...me my self..would 100% not take this..and in no way do I think it can help with weight loss....with all due respect..till I see solid proof Im wrong..that's my opinon..so no yelling at me..lol
__________________
"The Lord is on my side;I have no fear." -psalm 118:6[/b]
Copy / paste is your friend?

New readers - Welcome to the Forum - formerly known as a discussion board for people learning and sharing their experiences, that is now known as -Fightu35's personal project to be as big of an ass as he can be.

Please disregard all FIghtu35's posts, as it will be hard enough to decipher through hos horrible grammar and spelling anyhow. The only articulate and clear writing he may have are those he has copy/pasted from another site.

Please *DO* read posts from all others, as there are many wonderful people on this site. People who have real life experiences with hCG and other weight loss programs. They are losing weight, feeling great, and sharing what they know with those who want to know more.

Best wishes.

lol i notice no comment...hmm..
I dont think it is a scam. I have read alot about it on these forums and the other diet forums and it seems that its working for many people.
Another round for That Girl!  Way to go.

I've been ignoring 'Fight U'.  You can tell by his chosen name what he wants out of this Forum!    Don't give it to him - just ignore.

Believe it or not, my intentions are to try to help you all not make a terrible mistake. First off, you shouldn't take anyone's word for anything, especially on the internet. Research for yourself, and make sure they are credible UNBIASED sites. Here's a great place to start http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml. Notice at the bottom the references include FDA,FTC, and American journal of medicine. Now I understand your point of who cares as long it works, but if you understand what is actually happening, you may not be so quick to try it (and then again maybe you wouldn't care anyways), either way, let me try to shed some light on what's happening, and again do some research and figure this out for yourself. First off the reason you binge for the first 3 days on the diet is to increase water weight for more spectacular results once the diet starts. (glycogen which comes from carbs holds three times it's weight in water and protein holds four times so bingeing increases this dramatically whithin a short period of time). Second you will notice that you are then required to take walks outside, and use saunas as much as possible. Hmmmmmm wonder if that's to increase the water loss. Third the unlimited amount of coffee and tea is what gives you the energy you amazingly have on this diet. Caffeine also acts as an appetite suppressor. You would be amazed at how few calories your body can adjust to, and still be able to function without any use of drugs including hCG. Here's the problem. When you restrict your calorie intake so intensly you end up losing much of the weight in water (as much as 30 #), as well as lean mass and also fat, however the amount of fat compared to water and lean mass is small as your body enters "starvation mode" which triggers it to hold on to as much fat as possible because it is not receiving any through normal diet. Why is this bad? Lean mass is the only thing that burns calories, so when you decide to go off of this diet (which you will), you actually  have to eat much less for the rest of your life to maintain your weight. The only good thing about this diet is that it does teach calorie restriction and eating healthy foods plus excersize will cause weight loss, which is how a FEW people are able to maintain their weight loss, at least till now, but think of how much easier it would be to maintain if you didn't lose large amounts of your calorie burning mass and could eat hundreds of calories more per day for the rest of your life. Unfortunatly this diet is nothing more than a highly unhealthy restrictive diet that will compromise your natural body composition turning you in to a "skinny fat person" who still has all the health risks as before. At a minimum, if you must do this, at least spare your self the $50-150 a pop injections as it is proven that they do nothing and you will obtain the EXACT same results on just the diet. Don't forget how much money these so called Dr.s are making on this and make sure your sources are unbiased. Good luck to you all
Athletes who use hcg use a much higher dose than is recommended for the weight loss protocol. From what I have heard, higher doses actually cause people to gain weight, therefore a lot of misconceptions get passed around.
For the weight loss protocol, the dosage of hcg is from 125 to 250 IU daily which is only 750 to 1500 IU a week. The hcg hormone works to tell your hypothalmus that it can stop hoarding fat for a possible famine(which in most Americans will NEVER come) and start metabolizing the abnormally stored fat. This does two things, 1- gets rid of the abnormally stored fat, resulting in a slimmer person and 2- the metabolized fat acts as approx. 2000 calories a day the body can use to live on. Therefore, you get slimmer and don't feel hungry(Most people don't feel hungry, but those who do can tweak the diet a little for better results)
When used at this low dosage, there have not been very many side effects - on men or women.
Funny how the people out there who criticize the hcg diet are always the ones that have not done it.  I did, and in 30 days, I lost 25 pounds, 4 inches off my waist, and went from 40% fat to 35% fat, verified by fat calipers.  Contrary to doitright's claim, this diet does NOT result only in water weight loss, nor does it require the use of saunas or long walks.  My husband had an even more spectacular result, losing 4 1/2 inches off his waist and going from 27.8% to 22.2% fat, even though he only lost 17 pounds on the scale.  THIS IS JUST THE OPPOSITE OF TYPICAL DIETS, which result in loss on the scale but very little fat loss.  My husband in particular lost 27 pounds of fat as measured by fat calipers (starting at 27.8% of 247.6 pounds and ending at 22.2% of 230.4, even though the scale said he only lost 17 pounds.  I believe that he started out the diet in a semi-dehydrated state, and under the influence of hcg, while he was losing fat, his body was replenishing the water that should have been there in the first place.

As to the claim that you can do this diet without the hcg, that is not true, either.  My husband and I had been doing the diet for two weeks when we noticed that the hcg solution was starting to lose its potency.  We started to feel hungrier and more miserable each day, until we decided to discard the old solution and prepare a fresh batch, resulting in quick relief from our hunger (like less than an hour).  For those of you who say that this is due to the placebo effect, please explain why we didn't feel hungry at first, but after two weeks, our hunger noticeably increased.  If it was the placebo effect, it should have lasted beyond the two weeks, since it had been my expectation that the hcg would keep for up to four weeks, so the placebo effect should have also lasted four weeks.

Neither I nor my husband are big on drinking coffee, although we enjoy it occasionally.  However, during our injection phase we did not once have coffee, since we do not like the taste of straight black coffee (on the hcg diet, you are only allowed one teaspoonful of skim milk per day--so you have to have your coffee black or with very little skim milk--yuck!). The only thing that we drank during the diet phase was water and caffeine-free herbal tea, so don't go telling me that the reason we had so much energy was due to the "unlimited coffee" that you can have on this diet!  

Furthermore, doitright's claim that you will have to starve yourself forever if you do this diet is also bunk.  Dr. Simeons, in fact, discouraged dieters from continuing to try calorie restriction after their very low calorie phase was over.  He found that people almost universally gained weight if they tried to continue the 500 calorie diet after their lowcal diet phase was over.  My husband and I can personally attest to the fact that after those three days are over, you can eat literally anything that you want, without any regard whatsoever for calories, provided that you strictly stay away from starches and sugars for the first three weeks following the diet.  It seems to take the body a few weeks to stabilize to the new weight, and during that time you do have to monitor your weight very closely and do what is called a "steak day" if you gain more than two pounds over and above your lowest weight.  After those three weeks are over and your weight is stabilized, you can literally eat whatever you want and you don't gain the weight back.  It really IS true.

Oh, but excuse me.  This diet is not approved by Stephen Barrett, M.D., nor is it approved by the FDA, the AMA, the pharmaceutical industry or the diet industry.  They would prefer to have repeat customers, no doubt!  The diet industry is a multi-billion dollar business that thrives on failing its customers.  When you consider that something like 98% of dieters either fail to lose the weight they want, or else cannot keep it off, it's no wonder why it's so lucrative.  The diet industry keeps 'em coming back for more each time in the hopes that this time, there will be results.  Fast, permanent, inexpensive weight loss isn't approved in this corporate culture of greed.  For those of you who believe everything the "experts" tell you, go ahead and bash the hcg diet.  But those of us who think for ourselves and thoughtfully follow the program know differently.
Amen! Thanks for the posting, I really liked what you wrote!
Hi, I just started the HGC diet. I gained a  LOT of weight after having multiple deaths & other emotional traumas in less than a year. Being overweight has been a lifelong struggle for me. I had lost over 100 lbs on my own, before The Year of Tragedy struck & since haven't been able to lose the pounds.

My blood pressure is up & hard to control, my body is suffering from the effects of extra weight and I was at my wit's end as what to do. I accidentally found out about HCG and figured, why not? I've been through the loading phase and am on Day 2 of the VLCD. As of today, down 4.6 lbs. AFTER 24 HOURS ON THE DIET.
w00t! Frankly, I don't care how it works. I don't care if it's a placebo effect. IT'S WORKING.

I can't help but wonder if the loading phase doesn't serve a 2fold purpose. Both to store reserves (as if I didn't have enough already, lol) and to desensitize one to the carbs, sugars, etc. By the second day of 'loading', I thought I was going to yack if I had one more bite of my favorite...ice cream. I actually gained 2 lbs at the end of this part.
Day 1 of the actual diet was interesting. I had an unexpected colon cleanse (TMI?). Is this normal? I've been drinking the mate tea. Numi makes one that is green tea with mate and it's delicious. I don't even need to sweeten it.

I also think that this diet is great to get us back to the basics. We become accustomed to foods loaded with salt, hidden sugar and God-Knows-What preservatives.  It also keeps you from binge & compulsive eating as you have to spend soooo much time just THINKING about what you can eat. That, and the time to prepare it.
I think more now about presentation. Just how pretty can I make my plate look? I am also using the old trick of using a luncheon sized plate to make it look like 'more'.

The only issue is that I would like more vegetarian options, I've never been too fond of meat.  Just how many ways can I fix cottage cheese, Mr. Gump?

Regardless, and as anyone knows who has dieted, quick results serve as a spur to continue. I've been on other diets and have found myself getting bored and frustrated with slow (supposedly normal) rates of weight loss. If this diet can keep me motivated, as I believe it will, I'll continue with it until I meet my goals. One of which is to lose enough that it isn't physically painful to try and work out in the gym again. After that, I'm hoping that I'll be able to accelerate my losses even more.

So, to those that are poo-pooing the HCG diet, just go take a nap and leave everyone else alone. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. No one here is stupid and I KNOW my future if I DON'T lose the excess fat, start exercising again, and maintain the loss. I have no desire for a heart attack, a stroke or to be confined to a wheelchair because my body can't bear it's own weight. No knee surgery for me, thank you very much.

To all the lovely folks here who are trying to change their lives, eh hem...the old hippie speaks..and to quote the wonderful Curtis Mayfield....'Keep on keeping on!" (if you're too young to remember, youtube it)

Namaste!

WHAT WEBSITE SHOULD I PURCHASE HCG?

Why is everyone so quick to bash this plan?

Because research shows it doesn't work.
Has anyone read the protocol to be followed?
I have read the messages and know that there are many intelligent individuals who believe in this product.
Who knows, maybe that will give you a placebo effect and make it that much more effective for you. Thumbs up if it does.
back to my point. If anyone read the protocol, you will see that after your binge, you are to reduce fat and oils, completely eliminate starch and sugar and than follow a 500 calorie a day diet.
My question is this...

If you do the plan accordingly, than why do you need the pregnant woman ****?
Try it without the urine and tell me you do not see the same results as you would with the injections of womanly water waste.
Also, if you do some serious research, you will see the person who brought this into the forefront as a weight loss supplement is none other than Kevin Trudeau.
Google the brutha and than come to your own conclusions.
Anyway, bottom line is this.
The diet will work alone. Not saying it is a healthy diet, not even saying it is a sane diet.
I am saying it is a freakin extreme diet that would cause an anorexic Ethiopian to drop weight.
All I want is for you guys to do some research and do not jump blindly into every diet scam there is.
I know what it's like to be overweight.
I was once an obese man myself. I threw away many dollars and time into sooooo many get thin quick plans than I care to admit.
I'm sick of guys trying to make a fast buck off of the insecurities or body issues that we have.
Alas, that is what the world has come to.
Oh well, I hope no one buys this product because I believe it is all in the diet and not in the shots, powder or pills themselves.
If you do choose to go this route, Than I truly wish you the best of luck and hope it works wonders for you cause being fat ***** and if you put your money and faith into this product in hopes of losing weight than I cannot help but want to root you on in your journey.
So I've reduced my caloric input to 2500 calories per day and 1500 calories per day, but never 500 calories per day - until now. I have tried so many diets and lost so many pounds WANT to cheat. I felt like I was starving. I'm a very active male with an estimated burn rate of 3800 calories. Unfortunately I can consume more than that without issue (in fact during the "Forced Feeding" period I gained four pounds and enjoyed the first 36 hours.) I pushed through all of my diets, usually because of a goal I'd set for myself, but there were always days where I'd eat a full bag of tortilla chips and a quart of salsa - my personal weakness.

So now I'm in day six, only three days into the 500 calorie diet, and I'm not hungry. I still have cravings, but they're not accompanied by hunger. So far, I've been able to resist the desire to cheat and I have a household of 7 and I'm the only one on the diet. In fact I'm still in a euphoric period (I've never felt like this on a diet) and have been since the end of the first day of 500 calories. If anyone cares I'll keep you posted.

There are some misconceptions out there, and there are those that aren't familiar with the actual protocol/book written by by Dr. Simeons. It's good that we do have the ability to research ourselves. Some of those who oppose the diet appear to be misinformed. My engineering disciple urges me to try to collaborate and provide accurate information. It also makes me very skeptical of anyone who posts data without understanding the protocol - regardless of their profession.

I do find it interesting that my family practice clinic (licensed physicians) are encouraging it to the point they've made up fliers specifically about the protocol. Funny thing is, I didn't even notice them until after I stared the diet. Every person who is serious about the protocol that I've talked to has encouraged me to read all the literature I can, especially Dr. Simeons' book that is available free on-line.

Well, off to do my daily stairs. So far I have seen an increase in energy level and desire to do physical activity. Again, I'll post how I do if anyone's interested, but my perception is there's something that works here and I'm going to keep at it.
I am a healthcare provider who offers homeopathic HCG at my facility because it has proved itself among my patients. I feel it is much safer then Phentermine which is prescribed by numerous healthcare providers. My mom has hypothyroidism, HTN, and hyperlipidemia and has tried every diet out there just about. Her pharmacist who is a compound pharmacist told her about this HCG diet and he himself lost 30 lbs. in 40 days using the nasal spray. My mom begged me to research it for her. I purchased the HCG weight loss cure guide book and read every bit and put a program together that includes checking CBC, CMP, FLP, and TSH prior to my patients starting on it. I also mandate weekly support groups that my patients have to come to while on the program. They are weighed, measured, vital signs are assessed and then we discuss as a group what they are going thru and things to help them. I use the homeopathic HCG with cell salts for my patients due to it is the cheapest so I can keep the costs down for them and is the least invasive. I myself was very cautious of this program…but decided to let my mom try it out along with a few other patients that had asked me about it. I am pleased to say…my patient results have made me a HCG believer. My patients have lost anywhere from 15-25 lbs. and up to 36 inches in 40 days with minimal side effects (i.e. constipation, headache, dizziness) which are common in taking any medication. My mom is starting on her second round of HCG and has kept the weight off during the maintenance phase and in fact lost an additional pound. Sure…the arguement is that anyone can lose weight by only eating 500 calories. But usually after the first week…my patients are not hungry and have no decrease in energy which is what would happen if you just followed a 500 calorie diet without the HCG. Another interesting fact is that while on HCG the lipid levels do increase but then come back down which does reinforce about the increase of fat being burned while taking the HCG. I agree that it needs to be done under a healthcare providers supervision and that you have to commit to doing it correctly to see results.

I have taken the homeopathic HCG and lost 30 pounds in 43 days.  I have been off the HHCG for 4 weeks and have lost 5 more pounds.  I eat when ever I want, what ever I want and don't gain weight.  I don't count calories.  I eat carbs (the good ones). Now don't get me wrong when I say what ever I want, I don't mean Big Macs or junk.  I don't want that stuff.  The Hcg diet has taught me how to eat healthy and after only eating 500 calories of the same type of food everything taste better and the sugar cravings are gone.  I quit drinking diet soda, cooking in oil and eating out all the time.  I have switched to organic foods and my headaches, pains and health problems have gone away.  I use to be sick all the time with colds and flus.  I have tried all the diets and some work, but once you get off the weight comes back.  Some Dr. say you lose muscle from the low calorie.  I don't think I did because I am a lot stronger than I was.  Never in my life have I been able to run two miles without stopping and I did the other day.  I go to the gym twice a week and I did when I was on the HHCG.  I felt I was only getting stronger.  I have paid a lot of money for diet programs in the past. The total cost for this diet was only $96.00.  The only side effect I had was weight lose.  
I get my Homeopathic HCG from www.mybodyaz.com.  I trust them because my aunt and uncle lost a lot of weight before I did.  You have to be careful there are a lot of fake HHCG out there.
I want to point out that HCG diet is a fad and is not what is making you lose weight!  It is the DRASTIC reduction in calories, the stimulating of the thyroid with helpful supplements (I've even seen advice to take Armour Thyroid with it (without a prescription of course), the DIETARY choices not allowed.

Bottom line. IF you followed all the advice in the diet and ignored the HCG supplementing part you will lose weight regardless without adding risky HCG.  Has to be!   ALTHOUGH it is not healthy to lose weight through such a drastic reduction in calories.  

HCG is a bit risky for only adding the willpower (and belief) so that you lose weight.  You have a mighty powerful mind and if you make it up to do something, you will do it.  You do not need to add something like HCG.  By using HCG you are affirming to your mind that it needs a crutch and it is not sufficient.  Which is a lie - it is truly more than sufficient.

Anything that is created in a woman's body to support the state of pregnancy is risky when taken by other individuals (especially men!) who are not pregnant.  Work WITH your body and STOP trying to TRICK it by using hormone like proteins or hormones. Lutenizing Hormone is a powerful hormone released during pregnancy.  You do not want that in your body if you are not pregnant or if you are male - it affects much more than how your body burns fat or hunger.   What are doing to your body long term?  There are NEW CELLS being made while this HCG is running rampant in your body.. how abnormal will they be?  

*~~ QUOTE: "The Hcg diet has taught me how to eat healthy and after only eating 500 calories of the same type of food everything taste better and the sugar cravings are gone.  I quit drinking diet soda, cooking in oil and eating out all the time."  ~~ *
NOTE:  HCG had nothing to do with this dieter's success  [Any one would lose weight by implementing these changes and reducing calories - it is not safe to drastically cut calories and continue to live an active life.]

I've noticed with many of those who used powerful HCG injections (that have to come from a Dr.) that when they went off the HCG, they gained weight back, maybe not all of it - but at least half of it or 2/3 of it.

Why?  Because they were relying on a crutch that they couldn't keep using forever for one and two, they hadn't resolved the emotional issues that caused them to put on the pounds to begin with.  (NOTE:  All excess weight is an emotional issue, so is eating "comfort foods" - why do you think they are called comfort?)

Please don't overlook the mind's importance in choosing what you eat, how it's stored (or used) and the resulting extra weight on you.  Overweight is practically always able to be tied back to a decision in early life made in an instant.  This decision was made for protection, a decision you weren't worthy of love or self love, or a decision to isolate yourself through insulation.  (Interesting, eh?)  It is very often made in response to an event of abuse, shame, failure, rejection, abandonment, and similar.  

We are not simple organisms.  The MIND/EMOTIONS/ENERGY comes first, then the physical - which is a reflection of the mental and emotional.  If there is a serious or rare medical condition causing a person to be overweight there is no way that this person should start taking HCG, they should seek correction for their medical condition.

Permanent weight loss involves permanent realignment and healing of your mind and emotions and cultivating positive SELF LOVE and SELF WORTH.   Once you feel WORTHY of your ideal body size and shape and weight  and you LOVE YOURSELF  enough to give it to yourself you will and you DON'T need HCG or anything else.  Out of self love you will automatically start making healthy eating, drinking and activity decisions for your body.  Don't believe.. try it.  Get yourself on a program to stimulate your self love and self worth and make sure your thoughts and actions are aligned with self Love.  If they are you will lose weight.   [No way is drinking diet soda or eating chips, or any synthetic or packaged food in line with self love - body can't use that trash or poisons (in the case of the soda) so it stores it or eats up it's own muscle for fuel]

Remember as long as there are people who are overweight and desire to lose it - there will be another and another and another "latest thing" launched to "make it happen".  The bottom line - YOU are ALL you need.

Lots of Love to all...
Please read this:  You are throwing away your money to create the "sense of " willpower.  

**Due to H.C.G. being available only by prescription, the homeopathic preparations can contain no detectable amount of the substance whatsoever.  Only the water needs to 'remember' that the substance was ever present, after all.  Conveniently for the fraudsters, there is no way to ever test the 'memory' of their 'medicine' water.  Thus, homeopathic H.C.G. drops contain either another unknown substance, or nothing at all.

"Beyond questions about the effect of HCG, doctors also warn that the 500-calorie diet doesn't provide the body with enough carbs or protein and will send the body into a state called ketosis.  Ketosis is a natural appetite suppressant." — Dr. Craig Primack, American Society of Bariatric Physicians

Ketosis is a dangerous condition which leads to the blood pH becoming extremely acidic, and even becoming corrosive towards internal organs.  This state, induced by starvation, can cause long-term damage to the body.  It is seen in both the homeopathic and the real H.C.G. versions.  Ironically, a body will react to this perceived emergency state by attempting to metabolize everything into fat cells, which will usually mean long term obesity problems for decades.***

The human body will make additional fat to protect the internal organs from the acid environment (this happens with too acidic of a diet too, which most everyone who is obese is on)  The acid environment in the body will also strip bones of CALCIUM (CA+) and steal MAGNESIUM (MG+) in efforts to neutralize the acidic blood and organs.  

There is a lot of potential down the road ramifications from a diet of so few calories unless  you are in a coma.  There is also a lot of potential future ramifications and issues from taking a hormone that is designed to be used in the body when it is pregnant.  BTW.. this is less off an issue it seems since all non prescription HCG contains no HCG. It can't it is against the law.  Homeopathic versions are supposed to contain the "memory imprint" of the HCG, but there is no way to test them.  

Basically you are being tricked through an expensive means into having willpower.  You have endless stores of willpower.. really!  If you can feel WORTHY of using it for yourself.

There is nothing outside of yourself that causes any change in you.  It is your BELIEF in the thing that causes you to cause the change in you.  It's much healthier and more beneficial in all areas of your life if YOU would BELIEVE in YOU!  

Much Love....
The way it has been explained to me is that the hcg hormone diet is supposed to help you feel full while taking fewer calories in so that your body can do its own work and get you thinner and healthier. That's just what I've heard, I could be totally wrong, but I'd like to hear if that's true or not. I know this diet has worked for a lot of my friends, so long as they didn't go back to eating extremely unhealthy foods.
I had no intention of trying the HCG diet but could not deny the weight loss in neighbors that banded together on the diet.  Shot or drops....women 42, 50, and 74 lost weight.  But only if they ate the listed foods.  The slightest bite of fat, sugar, bread or any other non-hcg diet food added weight and would stall you diet by 4-6 days.

Most people lost the most weight the first two weeks.  Perhaps boredom and cheating set in.  On the days you feel you are starving...you seem to lose more and I have found that you can over eat the Hcg listed food and still lose.  But one bit of my son's peanut butter sandwich added 2.4 pounds overnight.....but quickly ahdering to the diet and drinking lots of water did correct that.   But that is how touchy the diet is.

The most critical part of the diet is the maintenance.  I feel you should do maintenance as long as you were on the diet.  Most women regained the weight because they went overboard on cheeses, bread, desserts too soon.  1-2 weeks of maintenance is recommended but a doctor I discussed the diet with suggested equal time for diet and maintenance if you really want to keep it off.  Then slowly adding in foods, not going crazy.

I lost 17 pounds in 30 days.  Not as great as my most people I know but I'm not looking down on it lol.  It looks like I lost more because I lost 9 inches in my waist.  YES - 9 - NINE INCHES.  My health had been a constant roller coaster and I felt I had an inner tube around my rib cage that at times made it difficult to breathe.

Oddly enough, my cholesterol did go high during the diet but that was no shocker as it went high when I was pregnant with my first daughter. (Acknowledged during company physical and family doctor follow ups)

ALSO, I have had cycle irregularities since I was 11.  NEVER a 28 day person.  Since the diet, I am.  Weirdly .....every fourth Tuesday in the evening too. ???  Anyway, I think it is giving up sugar and using Stevia.  I did the diet in September 2010.  Until this month, June 2011.....I have been a 28 day person.  I have been indulging in sweets since school ended May 25th........started today June 16th 2011 and going back to using Stevia today to test my odd theory out.

I researched alot.  Seems mamaclock video online of a woman reporting daily HCG progress using drops was the best summary for buying, mixing and information for the ups and downs of the diet.  I did purchase overseas and I would suggest using a prepaid VISA as a precaution.

I dissolved 5000 iu hcg powder with the mixing solution that came with it, then added 12 cc sterile water for injections.  It did seem that as the fat went away, the shots started to hurt and leave little knots that would take 2-3 weeks to go away.  Needles were insulin needles....28 or 29 gauge, 1 cc capacity, 1/2" needle.

FOR DROPS.....I mixed the hcg powder with mixing solution and added 6 cc sterile water with 6 cc of liquor (rum is easier on taste buds, vodka or your choice I guess).

I only used one 5000 iu hcg package for my diet which lasted 25 days.  Injecting .5 cc's in the inner fatty thigh  area or love handle along waist.  I bought a 3 pack of HCG and split it with friends interested in trying.  Thus mixed up the drops for them and did test it out for a few days and it worked just as well.  

COST ???  I used http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com.  I did have to call the credit card to verify overseas purchase.  They will not ship until they get verification.  I waited for my shipment and finally called only to have to give the information over the phone.  

Anyway ,5000 iu hcg runs about $18 each.  Good for 3 weeks (21-25 days)
Sterile water is $1 for 10 ml/cc's.  This works out good as you can just mix hcg with mixing solution and add it to the sterile bottle if there is room.  Mixing solution is about 2
ml/cc's , thus giving you a total of 12 ml/cc's for your 3 week diet plan at .5 ml/cc a day.

THE DIET------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first 2 days you eat as much fat as you can stand.  I ate nuts, cream cheese, peanut butter, sour cream, lindor truffles, cheesecake, etc.

Day 3 you start the strict diet.  I did not stick with 500 calories a day.  More like 800-900.

Simply put......no breakfast, no sugar, no fat, no starches.

6 items of food from lunchtime to bedtime.  2 fruit, 2 meat, 2 veggies.

Choices are...............................................................................................................
FRUIT - apples, oranges, strawberries, grapefruit

MEAT - white meat and fish with an occasional substitute of eggs and red meat per week.

VEGGIES - dry of course, but anything green essentially with exceptions of tomatoes.  I used a lot of onion and green peppers that ARE NOT on the list, especially in an omelet that looked more like a frittatta once or twice a week.  

IF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS STALLS OR YOU CHEAT....................................................
the next day drink lots of water and either eat 6 apples throughout the day or one evening meal of steak with one choice of tomato or apple.

(HOW DID THIS ALL START ? ? ?   My neighbor started the trend here weighed.  She was 40 yrs old, 260 pounds, husband had died of a heart attack, had two young girls..........she dieted and exercised in 2010 from January to May only losing 18 pounds.  She tried HCG in June and lost 34 pounds the first 6 weeks round and did cheat on a few days where she lost her weight loss trend for a week and regretted cheating.  Did 6 weeks maintenance then a second HCG round and lost another 36 pounds. She lost an additional 10 pounds during her 6 weeks maintenance.  So 80 pounds over summer 2010 and has kept it off now that she is motivated to exercise and has her life back.)
oh forget to mention.....shipping was something like $16-20.  So I ordered extra and split cost among others interested.
I was extremely athletic and fit, then went undiagnosed with chronic kidney failure for a decade that up-ended my health and body despite hitting the gym and riding 16-20 miles a day on most days.  

For the female naysayers or people that are skeptical............

Female bodies produce additional HCG during the menstrual cycle.  So why not try the diet during that time.  See if you lose weight?  I don't follow the strict calorie diet but do adhere to the no sugar, no fat, no starch and notice I feel better and do not gain any weight.  And best yet, NO EXERCISE haha, since the diet says to do no more than 30 minute walks, yoga or light weights in order to burn adipose or fatty fat versus the fat needed to protect the muscles.
THIS IS CONCENSUS TO ALL U IDIOTS.. I AM AN IFFB PROF BODYBUILDER...
HCG WORKS LIKE NOTHING ELSE TO ALLEVIATE FAT... IF YOU COMBINE WITH ANDROGENS IT WORKS EVEN GREATER..HOW DO YOU THINK WE GET SO LEAN BEFORE A COMPETITION??? DUH? DIET, CALORIE RESTRICTION YES ANOBOLIC STERIODS AND YES!! HCG IN  MAJOR WAY..
IF IT DIDNT WORK THEN WHY ARE SOOOO MANY PEOPLE DISCOVERING WHAT WE KNEW FOR YEARS...
SHOTS WORK BETTER THAN DERMAL CREAMS OBVIOUSLY, BUT BOTH WORK WELL WITH A TIGHT DIET..
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IDIOTS THAT COMMENT WITH NO EXPERIENCE... THERE IS NO OTHER DIET THAT WILL WORK AS WELL IF YOU STICK TO IT...PERIOD END AND THATS IT!!

SICK OF LISTENING TO IDIOTS THAT ARE UNEDUCATED..
WE LIVE BY THESES RULES AND HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU NEWBIES NO JACK **** IF GUYS LIKE ME DIDNT TRY IT FIRST!!
PERIOD END...

DYATES..
instead of insulting people and boasting your bodybuilding experience of putting anything in your body to get super lean for competitions........why don't you post some helpful information?

Like were do you buy HCG and how much?  And if there are any tips that help you accelerate weight loss?  Obviously it works, but most people are trying this diet for the first time....unlike your years of experience.