stomach pains after gastric bypass

I had gastric bypass surgery about 15 months ago.  Two weeks after surgery I had my gall bladder removed and spent a week in the hospital with dehydration and pancreatitis.  I have had that same stomach pain a couple other times since pancreatitis.  Last week as I live by myself I had to call an ambulance as the pain in stomach was so severe.  They did blood work and said my pancreais enzymes were elevated a little.  Gave me pain pills and sent me home.  I had a cat scan and endoscopy which did not show anything.  Pain radiates to the back.  What should I do?  
I live in a small area and do not like the doctor that did my surgery.  Also.  I weighed 248 lbs at time of surgery, and am still losing but not trying.  I am now at 117 lbs.  Any suggestions????????

Please help

Cari
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi all, I dont even feel like I need to post this, you all have said it for me. I too am post-op 12 months, my Dr. has scopped me 3 times because of my complaining about this pain. My family is sick to death of hearing me cry and complain all the time, from being in so much pain. I have evn gone so far to ask my husband this, should I buy some pot??? Crazy i know, but i am at my breaking point from this pain and will do anything to get some relief. I am so glad to read these posts and know I am not alone. My Dr. is no help and gets mad at me for complaining and his last response was this, i can reverse it and then you can just be Fat & in pain, good grief. I have lost 102 lbs, but agree, I dont want to have to be sick all the time to do it. This is not how I invisioned my life, when I dreamt of loosing all this weight. I stay in bed all the time, take 10 HOT baths a day and cant function normally anymore. God bless us all.
Helpful - 0
Hello everyone I was just reading the post and feel you all pain (literally). I had the gastric bypass in 06 and about a month later the pain started. I have been diagnosed with H pylori, Stomach ulcers, esophageal spasms, and other things. I have seen numerous docs and they do look at you like your crazy and psychotic. I think this is unacceptable to be treated this way I dont care how many times we go to see them. The docs took an oath to help the sick and that is their job. However the last surgeon I saw suggested I see a Thoracic surgeon he thinks I need my vega nerve cut because my pouch is producing too much stomach acid and my ulcers will not heal. I have been on antibiotics for about 2 years so obviously thats not working. I will encourage you all to keep pressing for answers and dont stop. This is your life and body. If we arent concerned enough about our bodies to keep looking for answers then who will. I will continue to pray for you all and myself. We are worth answers. God Bless everyone!
Helpful - 0
I also had gastric bypass in 2003 and had a revision in 2004. Had so many problems. I am now constantly in pain throughout my stomach. And as most of ya'll, they can not find anything wrong. I was on lots of pain meds, but now I am off them all and I'm miserable. Sometimes I hurt so bad I wish I was dead. And the doctors won't give me any pain meds or anything to take care of it. It interferes so much with my well being and my outlook on life. Sometimes I'd rather be fat again then to go through this. I need help and none of the doctors i've seen seem to know what to do. This *****!
Helpful - 0
Wow! I thought I was alone in this. I had bari surgery in April 09. I just had my gall bladder taken out in May 2010. Was still having problems with eating and pain ended up also having my apendix taken out. I have had 4 surgeries since May of this year. I am still having stomach pain and sick  to my stomach. Somedays I can't even get out of bed. My family too is sick of me complaining all the time. My doctor doesn't know what to do. I am SO upset. I take pain meds almost every day. I am tired of being sick to my stomach and having pain. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE!
Helpful - 0
I too had surgery in 2000, I've been having this pain also, but mine is in the middle right under my rib case.  The pain gets so bad that My stomach seems hard, I can't breathe, my heart starts beating faster, and it doesn't matter if I've eaten or not.  Ive been to several doctors and all I ever get is meds for indigestion.  I'm glad I found this post, God bless all of you!
Helpful - 0
I TOO SUFFER FROM THE MYSTERIOUS SEVERE PAIN IN MY STOMACH. ALL LABS ARE NORMAL. I DID HAVE MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR. THE DOCS SAID THE PAIN WAS RELATED TO THE GALLBLADDER...WELL IT'S GONE AND THE MYSTERIOUS PAIN IS STILL HERE. THE DOCS ONLY KNOW HOW TO MASK THE PAIN WITH NARCOTICS
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss Alternatives Community