Weight Loss Alternatives Community

weight gain on lexapro

i have been on Lexapro for 10 months 10 mg. a day, i weighed 106 when i started treatment, i started feeling my clothes not fitting correctly especially around the waist, hips, midriff. i never changed my eating patterns, exercise every day. i have gained over 15 lbs. , never in my life had i gained 1 pound. i started researching this connection on line when a health professional freind of  mine mentinoned the connection. it is unbelievable all the persons that are expereinceing this. i have since ( 2 days ago) contacted my doctor and i will be taking 1/2 a pill for the next week every other day and then that will be it for me.
my question is "how do you lose the weight you gained?"
thanks
Before you do the "every other day thing" read this thread about Lexapro withdrawl symptoms. My doc told me to do the same thing as you, so I'm guessing that's what it recommends in the Lexapro pamphlet....however, after reading this you may change your mind and wean yourself off this drug slowly. I'm weaning myself currently. I have been on 10mg for 2.5 years, I've been taking 5mg for 4 days now, I do have some side effects just from that switch so as soon as I calm down from this drop in dosage I will go down again. Anyways, here's the link if you are interested. I'm not trying to alarm you, just help you.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-conditions/lexapro-withdrawal-24681-12.html