Weight Loss Journeys Community
188 Members

Having Trouble Sticking To Low Carb Plan

I started a low carb plan I'd gotten from a weight loss clinic, but I need some advice on how to stick to it.  I do fine during the day, but at night I have noticed  I am having a terrible time not craving and giving in to these cravings for carbs.  Bread and sweets in particular.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I did lose 7 lbs the first week, but I'm concerned about regaining if I fall off this plan.  Thanks again!
Its so hard to maintain weight loss that you have achieved on a certai plan... the only way to lose and keep the weight off is to change your lifestyle habbits and behaviours.

Easier said than done though -  I have a sweet tooth and I have the bad behaviour of evening munchies.... I can be really good all day but the moment my daughter is in bed and I sit in front of the TV I start eating biscuites, crisps, cakes, chocolate etc...

The very best weight loss is achieved by having a life long goal of calories in and calories out mentality...

3500 calories make 1lb

so you find out what your body needs calories wise... Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the estimated minimum level of energy required to sustain the body's vital functions when at rest. The Harris-Benedict formula is used to calculate the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate).  This is how many calories your body needs when at reast to maintain its current weight.  It varies from person to person. But this calculator gives you an idea.

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/bmr.html

Then you know every calorie you eat and don't burn off after that point will cause weight gain.

So take some time to learn food values -  weights and measures-  after a while it becomes second nature.

The key is to eat less and better and to move more.

Good luck :) x
Thank you for the advice.  I totally caved and am trying to get back on track.  I'm not even sure if the low carb plan is the right way of eating for me.  I'm wondering if Weight Watchers would be a better option.  Gosh I just want to lose weight...I've got to find something that works for me.  Fixing to check out my BMR...I'll check back later:D
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.