MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Belly Pudge

I'm 5'4 and weigh 150. It's the most I've weighed since my pregnancy almost 3 years ago. Since my new job 8 months ago I've gained a belly pudge that I've never really had before, and I was wondering if there were any good ways to tone that down? Would downloading a yoga app be worth it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
While crunches will help strengthen your muscles, they aren't going to do a lot to get rid of the pudge. Yoga is excellent for that, as is Pilates.  You can download a yoga app or check out videos on YouTube.  You can also buy relatively inexpensive yoga DVD's.  Unless you know how to do it, opt for the beginners videos/dvd's.

My favorite yoga is Biggest Loser, Yoga for Weight Loss.  I've got to get back to doing it regularly.  Don't worry if you can't keep up right away; you'll work into it.
Helpful - 0
Try crunches instead. They work to strengthen abdomen walls.
Work your way up to around 200 repetitions per session. That should cure the belly bump blues.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community