MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Followers and Following

Hey there,

I'm Laura, 127lb/58kg at 5.4ft/163cm and trying to get to around 116lb permanently. I want to use this app to establish some good habits like portion control and cutting back on carbs. I'm living in Europe where dieting is all about health but I still tend to underestimate portions and snack a lot. So I try to get inspired especially by japanese women's dietary habits like cutting back on portions. I also do a lot of sport so sometimes my body has really bad cravings for sweets and calories, trying to handle that as well.

I try to upload every meal and every snack I eat so it would be nice to be followed and commented for more control. In return I follow back and comment on your food. So basically I'm searching for some buddies with the same goals here since friends and family do not always understand how a sporty and not overweight person still wants to loose some pounds...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ok after weighting now: Not as much as expected but at least 400 gramms in two days ;). Pounds could be dropping quicker but since I don't think I'm loosing water anymore it is ok for now.
Helpful - 0
Oh by the way: I still need the photos of the app to keep track of portion control. It really helps. I also invested in Japanese dishes since I get the feeling that the meal is fancier then although it is not more food tan on one plate. i also really like the japanese idea of eating small bites of different things. Seems logically. Is anyone else interested in hara hachi bu and healthy bento? ;)
Helpful - 0
Sorry I haven't posted anything in such a long time. Somehow I thought that I would receive an email when there is a reply to this topic ^^° but I didn't... Anyways, I started a diet called south beach diet (which is low carb) and was very frustrated after the first couple of days because nothing changed at all (except for half a pound up and down) although I was leaving out any sweets, fruits and carbs (rice, bread, noodles, potatoes, flour). Then I discovered that cutting out obvious carbs like bread, rice, etc is not enough, you also have to keep track on fat and protein intake... I cut of the stupid south beach diet and started to use the free "fat secret"-site to write down everything I eat. You can choose from a big databank and the site automatically counts calories, carbs, protein and fat for you. I now try to eat around 30% carbs, and the rest fat and protein. Overall I try to keep my calories below 1400. You should not go below 1200 because that is what your brain needs to function. So I think with my new balanced nutritions between 1200-1400 is ok. Tomorrow is weighting day again! ;)
Helpful - 0
On the medhelp-site in the internet browser, there is no option in the app. The help service gave me this advice. ;) Sorry for the late reply. Neither the app nor  any mail informed me that there were replies to my topic. ^^°
Helpful - 0
Hi.. I am also  need to lose some 6kg... I started to practice more sport I actually like very much jogging. I've beated my own record and the longest distance  I have made so far is 13.5 km. Also as you said girls the meal size is very important. Smaller portions and more sport really bring results and you don't crave yourself. I've lost 2 kg in one month till know it is not very much but as long as I am looking for a healthy life style is perfect for me...and more important I am not gonna stop till I reach my desired weight.
Helpful - 0
Hello Ladies! Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted or checked in. I did want to say that since I've been using this app and keeping track of my meals I've become so much more aware of anything EXTRA I'm putting in my mouth unnecessarily - which has led to a couple pounds of weight loss!!! Yea!! I have went from my steady 127lbs to 123.6 lbs as of this morning. Hopefully it will stay steady. I've really limited my portions and only put a vegetable and chicken / protein on my plate for dinner. Of course, water at every meal and in between (but I do have it with dinner dates w/ my husband :-)
Helpful - 0
Would love to get on board to! im 27 and 156cm. right up til a few yrs ago my weight range was always 54-56kg, now its 57-59kg being close to 60 freaks me out! im not large but for me, at my height. i notice it.  would love to join a support network to boost each other along. :-)
Helpful - 0
Hi Laura!
I just downloaded the app and looking through some of the pictures now. I'm not sure how the food rating system works yet ☺️. I do notice that if I skip an entire meal like lunch (which I did yesterday and only had a snack, I weighed in at 125.4 today. But I always go back to the 127.  I work outside of my home a few days during the week & barely have time to catch a healthy lunch ~ it's only then I notice I'm losing a few pounds.
I'm now following you on both app's and hopefully we can do this!
Helpful - 0
how did you add your photo?
Helpful - 0
Hey Sandy,

I added you as a friend. Do you use the Pichealthy-App? I could find your profile but not any pics yet. Since I started taking pictures of everything I eat it seems easier to keep track on my portions. I am searching for someone who looks at the food-pictures and comments for support. I would like to do the same in return. ;)

Laura
Helpful - 0
I'm Sandy, 127lbs/5ft.2in and seem to have the same problem! I just can't seem to get down to my desired weight of 115lbs, no matter what. Hopefully this app will help me as I keep track of all the extra foodies I really was unaware I've been eating. I've hit a plateau and need to find healthy ways to get my metabolism moving!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community