Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Loosing weight and inches

I have counted calories, fat and exercise for 30 minutes everyday.  I seem to gain more inches and can't seem to loose weight.  Any suggestions
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree with everything Dikano said.  You may be eating the wrong kinds of foods.  You should stick to high protein and complex carbs (such as fruits, veggies, whole grainsetc), rather than high fat and simple carbs (like those made with sugar, white flour, pasta, etc).  You also need "good for you" fats, like that found in avocados, nuts, etc -- just don't over do it.  

I would suggest that you implement the food diary and exercise tracker here on med help.  By entering everything you eat and drink throughout the day, you will be able to see exactly how many calories you are taking in, as well as see if you are eating the right KINDS of foods.  The exercise tracker will help determine the number of calories you are actually burning.  By being able to compare what you take in with what you are burning, you will be able to see where you need to make adjustments -- whether it's in your diet or your exercise (or both).  

In addition, exercise will help you build muscle and since muscle is denser than fat, you could just not be losing pounds right now.  

Good luck and keep posting so we know how you are doing.  
Helpful - 0
Are the calories you're counting within a reasonable limit? Maybe your current target is a bit high. Of those calories, how much are saturated fats? Maybe you're eating very few calories, but not necessarily of the best type. What type of exercise 30 minutes a day? Maybe you can stretch that to 45' - or if it's only cardio, throw in some weight training before that.

Also: have you given it enough time? If you're a woman, then you probably have water retention cycles, which might lead you to believe you're gaining inches when that's only temporary.

Keep it up!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.