Need help losing weight in one and a half month!

I need help losing weight, I weigh 195 and want to weigh 175 by the end of August 29. Today is July 10, and I'm aiming for a 20 pound goal. Last month I went one a half week of working out (constant running for 1 1/2 hour daily) and I lost five pounds. I weighed 200 pounds. But now I need to stick to it, I'm dieting, and drinking plenty of water, and going to start working out today again. I'm 16, and I know I'm overweight, my mom wouldn't allow me to workout when I was younger, or eat little bit of food, now that I'm obese she wants me to get fit.  Well I need help about losing 20 pounds, by August 29, and I would appreciate your help! Please don't judge me, I've been judged enough, so thank you!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
20 pounds may be too much to lose safely in only 6 weeks, but every pound you lose is in your favor.

I disagree that you should avoid dairy.  Dairy has lots of protein which helps you feel fuller, longer; it has calcium that helps make strong bones and it has vitamin B-12 than provides energy.

I also disagree that you should drink lots of fruit juice.  Eat the whole fruit instead, so you'll get all the filling fiber it contains, plus having something to chew is much more satisfying than drinking everything.  Fruit juices are pretty much like drinking a glass of sugar, even though it is natural sugar. Stick with fruits like apples, pears, berries, etc that have more fiber.

Make sure you have protein with every meal/snack.  Protein is the building block for muscle and muscle burns fat.  High quality protein is found in meats, chicken, fish, dairy, beans, nuts, seeds, etc.   Be sure to watch portion sizes.

Make sure each meal contains lots of fresh veggies.  Snacks can be a small serving of nuts or seeds, an apple with peanut butter, etc.

Exercise can be anything that keeps you moving.  Running for short intervals, as described above, is actually better than running steadily for longer periods.  It's called High Intensity Interval Training, though most of us don't have access to a treadmill.  It can be done outside just as easily.

You do need to be sure to mix up your exercise, though and not just do one thing.  Be sure to add weight training with your cardio (running), since weight training is what builds muscle.  You can do weight training using light hand weights, or if you don't have any, use your own body weight.  Check out YouTube for examples.
Helpful - 0
Thats good drink more water everyday and add green tea to the list too. Treat it like water too and dose it up. Believe me it works like magic. You will much lighter and fit. Besides that eat food with much fibre. Avoid dairy. Drink skim milk and low fat yogurt. Dont go for cheese and butter. You can have it once in a work. I wont ask you to eat fruits because that sounds boring drink freshly prepared fruit juices. Eat cucumbers rich in water content. Besides that,i would insist you to go for workout more. Obviously you can lose weight without ant exercise but i wont reccommend that. Workout gets your body toned up. One amazing workout. You would required a treadmill. This would be first round of 10 min session. Set speed and incline according to your calibre. Then run/jog for 10 sec and rest for 10sec. Do this for 10min. This would be your round 1.Maximum 3 rounds should be done at a time. Any queries? Free to ask.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
If you are exercising, eating healthy, and drinking lots of  water, you will be losing the weight. Be careful not to eat too little, and give your self rest days. Try taking a work out rest day once a week, and let yourself have a cheat meal once a week, too, if you do not binge. As long as you are losing the weight the healthy way, you will get the results you want, without gaining it back. Don't give up! You can do it!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community