Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Not loosing weight

I'm 13 years old and I'm 5.2 I weigh 120lbs and I want to get down to 105 lbs by June-August. So far I have only lost weight and then gained it again. I burn between 120-200 cal/day and mainly eat healthy, I usually only drink water or water with lemon or tea. I really want to loose weight please can you give some tips so I can achieve my goal. And I have been diagnosed with depression, so if that affects anything please tell me.

7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
973741 tn?1342342773
Also, you need to make sure that your goal weight is realistic for you.  At 13, I would not enter into any type of restrictive dieting without your parents help.  Making good healthy choices is the best way to have a long term healthy physique.  

I agree with weight training but it must be mixed with a healthy amount (30 minutes daily) of cardio activity that increases your heart rate (where you can still talk but are breathing hard).  

good luck and talk to your mom/dad!
Helpful - 0
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
Make sure you do strength training exercises, as those build muscle (you won't bulk up) and muscle is what burns fat.
Helpful - 0
Lastly it takes 3500 calories burnt through diet and exercise to lose a pound.  If you are doing all of this and still nothing go to your doctor and dietician.   Sometime medical issues can prevent weight loss and the professionals  can help figure out you are not losing anymore weight. As well as do a proper bmi etcetera.
Helpful - 0
Thirdly you can't get rid of the fat if you are not flushing it out.  Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eat 25 grams of natural fiber a day. Switch to whole grains, apples and pears instead of berries,melons and bannas and brown rice instead of white.  This helps to move food along better and flush pounds.
Helpful - 0
Secondly look at what exercise you are doing and up the intensity.   For example go from walking to bike riding.  Basically make sure you have more cardiovascular type exercises than muscle toning ones.  When you hit the weight loss wall for dieting you often have to supplement it with exercise.  Always go for the most active of exercises.
Helpful - 0
Losing weight is different for every person but there are some things you can try.  First off if you eat less than 1200 calories a day you body may kick into starvation mode and that makes losing those last pesky pounds difficult because your body will desperately hold onto everything you eat.  
Helpful - 0
Try to cut out bread completely. Im talking NO bread. I did this (im also 13) and I lost 0.7 kg extra a week.
Hope this helps, it helped me! :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.