in need of some and advice and motivation.

I am currently 112lbs but I wish to lose 7lbs and maintain it. I have lost four and half stone over four years but I am struggling to keep it off. My major flaws with good is reaching for sugar and soft bread. But I am determined and desperately wanting to feel good about myself. Needing some motivation would be appreciated and i will do the same too :) xx
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
When you want sweets, grab an apple or some berries.

Depending on what's on your salads, they may not be all that healthy.  You need to make sure you get some protein with every meal/snack, as protein helps build muscle, and it keeps you feeling fuller longer.  Skipping adequate protein could make you crave more unhealthy things.
Helpful - 0
Thank you all for your kind words and advice. Allday I have only eaten salads and fruit and vegetables, drinking water and I feel great. I have substituted bread for rice cakes. They are delicious should of discovered them earlier. Still need.to conquer my love for sweets. So I am generally trying to cut down on sugar by having less fattening sweets then I will eventually cut them out altogether. Wish me luck :)
Helpful - 0
The more you target the abs, the bigger they get.  Walking and swimming are so much better for balanced exercise.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
At 5'3" and 112 lbs, you don't need to lose another 7; you will be underweight. You're barely within the normal range, as it is.

Here's a bit of the height/weight chart to show you approximately where you should be:

Height                   Small Frame         Medium Frame      Large Frame

5'3"                         111-124                 121-135              131-147

If you can't get the other members of your family to stop eating the sugary foods and breads, you will have to make sure that you keep plenty of fruit and veggies around for yourself to eat.  When someone else grabs a piece of cake, you grab an apple or carrot/celery sticks and enjoy the crunch!!

I find, also, that it helps, psychologically, if I tell myself "I don't want that", rather than "I can't have that".......  "I can't have that" tends to make us feel deprived; whereas "I don't want that" is a choice we've made.

There are a lot of weight exercises you can do.  Yoga is excellent exercise and will tone the muscles of your hips and thighs. "The Biggest Loser, Yoga for Weight Loss" is one of the best dvd's I've ever gotten; but regular yoga is excellent, as well.

You can also google "weight exercises" and come up tons of videos that show how to use your own body weight.

Please don't lose anymore weight, but do everything you can not to gain back what you lost.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your kind words, made my day. No I haven't done many weights only abs, but I'm not entirely sure what to focus on when it comes to weights. I am 19 and 5ft 3 inches btw.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your advice, the only problem is that I still live at home and they eat all those foods. I have tried to convert them but it's a lost cause LOL.
Yeah I am exercising three times a week mostly cardio because I have stubborn fat on my hips and thighs than anywhere else.
Helpful - 0
Business woman2
jrccrider13External User
I would love to weigh 112 lbs good for you you have not given up have you tried lifting weights. You can do it and don't be to hard on your self i don't know your age  or height but i bet you look beautiful @ 112 lbs. You know most men like women with curves a little on the top and a little on the rear . I'm sure your beautiful .
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Losing 4.5 stone (63 lbs, if I calculated right) is a major accomplishment; I'd sure hate to see you gain that back.

First off, if you don't have the sugary foods and breads around, you won't be able to reach for them, so just don't even bring them in the house.  Replace the sugary foods with fruit, like an apple or some berries.  They're sweet, but they also have a lot of fiber which will fill you up faster. Switch from white bread to whole grain, and allow yourself a slice/day.... just work it into your calorie budget.

Are you getting plenty of exercise?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community