MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

new need motivation and advice

Had a baby 5 months ago c section trying to lose weight
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Instead of cutting all pastas, why not switch to whole grain versions, which are much healthier, and limit portions?  You should also switch to whole grain breads.

Don't cut out meats; they're a major source of iron and vitamin B12, both of which are essential for providing energy.  Make sure you opt for leaner (low fat) cuts and stick to smaller portions. Opt for chicken or fish, as much as you like; just make sure it's grilled, broiled, or baked vs fried.

Cutting out soda, sugar and fried foods, will go a long ways toward cutting calories.

Make sure you load up on veggies at every meal; get plenty of lean protein and whole grains.

Jillian is good -- I have a yoga video called "Biggest Loser - Yoga for Weight Loss"....... it's my favorite.  You might think about adding some yoga to your routine, as it relaxes, stretches and tones the muscles.  
Helpful - 0
Well actually I am really starting my dieta today I am going to cute pastas meats soda sugar fried stuff etc and I want to start my video exercise which are Jillian Michaels
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
What have you tried, so far?  Are you watching calories, making sure you eat lots of veggies, stay away from sweets and processed foods, etc?  What about exercise?  You should aim for at least 30 min, 3 days/week.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Weight Loss and Fitness Community