Women's Choice Community
607 Members

Could I have an infection after surgical pregnancy termination?

I made the decision to have a surgical abortion last Thursday (1 week and 4 days ago), and today I started experiencing pain an increased urgency, pain, and trouble with urinating. Could this be a sign of a serious infection? My husband and I waited 1 week post-procedure to resume intercourse and used protection. This is the first day I have experienced discomfort, and have not had fever or any symptoms other than what was listed above.
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is an older post and I'm just now responding.  Sorry, didn't see it.  That sounds more like a urinary tract infection.  Difficulty urinating is bladder/urinary tract/kidney related and not related to what is involved in abortion.  See your doctor for treatment but imagine you have already done so with the time that has passed.  Hope you are all better hon.  good luck