Women's Choice Community
616 Members

Delayed periods

haloo i have missed ma periods for about two weeks now, i took pills a day after unprotected sex, have had alittle stress and have being experiencing cramps and no signs of flow what could be the problem?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  You say 'pills'.  What kind of pills?  Have you taken a pregnancy test?
yes i took a pregnancy test and it turned out positive, am not ready for a baby which would be the safest way to terminate it??
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Well, I'm really sorry you find yourself in this situation.  That is really hard.  I do commend you for knowing that you aren't ready for a baby as it is a very big undertaking.  We have to do what is best for us in these situations.

An abortion is something that you can now have.  This is a procedure done by a doctor.  It is not supposed to be very painful and one quickly recovers from it.  You will need to either get the phone book or use your computer to look up places that do abortions where you live.  There is a cost involved but inquire about sliding scales.  As it is a woman's right to have an abortion, women can have them for reduced costs or even free if they have no income.  Otherwise, it is a couple hundred dollars typically.  That is something for you to sort out and your boyfriend I am sure will be happy to help if there is a fee.  Again, check to see what types of sliding fees they offer based on income (or lack of) and you should be able to reduce the cost.  Planned Parenthood is one place to look into.  You need to do this sooner rather than later----  within the first trimester is best.  

And afterwards, get on a very dependable birth control.  good luck and we are here if you need anything.  peace
There are several reasons why a woman have delayed menstruation and this could be due to unhealthy diet, stress (emotional or physical), sudden weight gain or loss, caffeine, alcohol, and smoking. Gynecological conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and uterine cysts or polyps, can also bring about alteration in menstrual cycle. However, pregnancy is still the most common cause of delayed or missed period.

So if there is a history of any unprotected intercourse then pregnancy should be ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
COMMUNITY LEADER
she got a positive pregnancy test . . .   Please read her follow up post.   Hm.