Women's Choice Community
608 Members

Pregancy during on isotretinoin

5 weeks pregnant and I have been taking the isotretinoin drug for my acne. Abortion is higly recommended since isotretinoin can cause severe defects on the baby. Wondering if taking abortion pills is safe and effective. Please help.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi.  Well, if you mean the morning after pill, it's too late for that.  The morning after or Plan B pill must be taken 72 hours after sex.  However, if you are talking about abortion treatment involving taking medication from your doctor, this could work for you at this point as well as surgical abortion.  You'll need to see your doctor for the prescription for this.  Let us know how you are doing.  hugs