Women's Choice Community
610 Members

Pregnant again. What to do?

Before I met my now husband, I got pregnant and had a boy in my teens.

After being with my husband a while we got pregnant. He was never there for me. He did not once go to a doctor's appointment, he didn't want to be involve with anything. I had zero support from him. My LO is now 11 months old.

I'm pregnant again. But this time, husband is very vocal about his feelings. He is angry. He tells me the only option I have is abortion or adoption. Which is understandable, we struggle significantly financially and both of us already have our fair share of health related problems.

Personally, abortion seems to be the best option for me, but we are so poor to even have one and travel a great distance. And giving a child up for adoption seems to be a very diffult thing to do. If I choose to carry a baby for 9 months, feeling the kicks, losing sleep, in pain for this baby I personally would want to keep it. It's a mothers instinct.

Only positive and helpful comments please. This is a serious life decision in which I have no one to speak to. Thanks.
Saying you only accept positive and helpful comments indicates you've essentially already made up your mind and aren't open to other advice and, possibly, criticism, and are only looking for a pat on the back. Without trying to sound like a jerk, I must honestly advocate that denying your child life isn't of any help to him or her. Quite the contrary in fact. I'm sorry you're in a difficult situation but I'd be even more sorry to your baby if you aborted him. Keep in mind this is a pregnancy app called I'm Expecting, not a pro-abortion app called I'm Expecting to Do Something Else.
You asked what to do? You said it yourself, it's a mother's instinct, keeping and loving and caring for your child. So my advice is keep your head held high, smile with love for your baby, and know that many of us are poor too, it might take more effort and patience, but you can get through this with love for your child. God bless you and your family.
MrsAmyx,  I read your other post,  and I wonder why you are with this man?  

Are there positive qualities that outweigh how insensitive and cruel he is?  How does he treat your teenage son?
You may be aware of this, but just in case.... most adoptions these days are open or semi-open adoptions.  Meaning you can have phone calls, emails, visit if you like with your child.  We have an open adoption with our 3 year old's birth mother.  We send pictures monthly and she has come and visited with us.  Her unplanned pregnancy has been our greatest blessing.  Feel free to contact me privately if you want to know more about our experience with adoption.
First; Call your insurance company to ask if abortion is a covered benefit, and ask for an in-network clinic. You can often find their phone number on the back of your insurance card. If you know you have Medicaid, check this information to find out if your state covers abortion.
Make an appointment at a clinic for your procedurr before searching for funding. Call different clinics to find which one costs the least. Tell the clinic if you can’t afford it and ask if there are any discounts. It’s fine to make an appointment for this procedure even if you’re not sure how you’ll pay for it. Clinics don’t charge you for rescheduling. Find a clinic.
Add up how much you can cover you'll usually be expected to cover part of the procedure.  I hope this helps. You're not alone! I am not advocating one way or another how you proceed, just know there is help. Take care. Xxoo