Women's Health Center Community
178 Members

Abnormal Menstruation Since Age 11...Unexplained. Any suggestions?

I began menstruation at age 11, and I have always been irregular. I began birth control at age 20, and went off and on the pill. I have heard that going off and on is very dangerous. But, when I am off the pill I NEVER see my periods even after the suggested wait time of about three months. I don't have abnormal bleeding or even period symptoms. It upsets me that every doctor I've been to refuses to give me an ultrasound so that I can rest my nerves. They just want to keep sticking me on the pill. That's like "a fake period/quick fix" and I want to have kids one day. Not pump my body with these hormones so much that it becomes dependent. The last time I saw my period it stayed for a week or longer and I was just getting off the pill and before that I saw it three months earlier and it was very painful and I had JUST went back on the pill. That's why I stopped.

Why does irregularity happen? Are there any alternatives besides the pill? I had my hormone levels checked for hyperthyroidism and they said they were fine. Thank you.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.