My CSection wound opened a little... Is this something normal or not.. Worried.

Hi ladies, I just had my baby girl on April 6th by emergency cesarean.. She was a month early... I've noticed that my cesarean incision is opened slightly on the end of it.. There is no bleeding or pain or odor or anything.. Its just opened maybe about a inch. I wanted to know if this was normal or should I be worried? I have 9 kids and all my other pregnancies were normal healthy vaginal births and my last my lucky no. 9 was such a horrible experience and the labor was the worst labor I've ever had and now she's here I feel so blessed and relieved. But idk what to expect with all of this can one of you help me out. I'm literally exhausted and my Dr is closed today...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would go see your doctor or go to the er to see what they say. I don't think an incision is supposed to reopen...but that's just my opinion...
Helpful - 0
It shouldn't reopen. If it does, it opens you up to infection. I would call your doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum 35+ Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.