circumcision on a baby boy

Hello, I'm having a baby boy on February 9th ; I don't know if I should circumcise or not. His father doesn't mind and I'm still kinda iffy about it. I need advice about it.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had my baby boy circumcised 3 days after he was born my husband not totally agree but just prevention coz He has history of prostatitis (my husband).
Plus looks better than uncircumcised your baby boy will thank you someday lol!
Helpful - 0
I won't do it to my baby son. There's no reason to do it. It's not your body your doing it to. It's his and he have no say in it?! God creates him the way he is. I would only do it if it's medical reasons. If your child is deaf and you decided for it to have cochlear implant without them having a say in it. They might not want it. A child I work with refused to wear it and it's a little sad really.
Helpful - 0
I'm having my son's done at the hospital be4 we leave.... it's not just about looks it's easier to have done when they are that small they won't even remember it... it's harder on an older child to get done if he does choose later in life to have it done also the upkeep on keeping it clean when ur potty training is harder for him and u! Risk of infections if they don't properly clean it
Helpful - 0
I'm getting my sons done, because as they grow their penis hurts really bad & it holds lots of germs
Helpful - 0
Hi, im having a baby boy soon also on Feb 14, I asked my doctor to circumcise my son, its better have it done while they young because they can't remember anything and for hygienic reasons also. Unless your newborn has complications  don't do it.
Helpful - 0
I didn't get it done wIth my first son and won't be having it done to my second. Its purely a superficial cosmetic procedure. My son is six now and we have never had any issues with hygiene.  He's been able to clean it by himself since he was two. Plus your more likely to get an infection in the incision then you are by leaving them intact.
Helpful - 0
I think u should get it done I'm about to have my 1st son n will be getting it done. It looks nasty as they get older n they are more likely to have more infections.. if ur husband doesn't mind n he is circumcised why not get ur son done.. if he decides to do it later in life it will be wau more painful.. n I also think itIts meant for boys to get it done..jmt
Helpful - 0
All my Boys have it done. It makes Hygiene so much easier. Plus, the uncircumcised penis can cause UTI'S for the little Tyke. So the best thing will be to talk to a Pediatrician,  they will explain the complications of not having it done better to you.
Helpful - 0
I did not know until I had my son how controversial this topic is nowadays. Seems NONE of the men in my family are circumcised - I had no idea. My husband's family, however - every man is and that's just the way it is. I pretty much thought my mom was going to disown us when I told her we were having my son circumcised. She said some horrible things to me about mutilation, brutality, and barbarianism. I had to explain to her over and over that I was leaving the decision to my husband, since he is a man, and that because this is the way it's done in his family, we were going to do it. I really didn't think she would ever forgive us. It was awful. She sent me terrible, scathing emails all throughout the day and even the middle of the night for days. She and I both cried...A LOT. Then I cried even more during and after the circumcision. I could hear my son crying during the procedure even though we were in a separate closed room down the hall. I bawled my eyes out when I saw his penis afterwards, and every time I changed his diaper until it healed. Do I regret the decision? I don't think so, but it sure wasn't easy...I hope I'm having a girl this time.
Helpful - 0
I would do it they won't remember and it's for sanitary reasons alot of guys told me plus my opinion have you even seen one not circumcised eww lol
Helpful - 0
I have had four boys and they are now on there teenage years and not one of them has ever had an infection ...hygiene is easy to maintain ...I think circumsion should only be done if medically necessary .
Helpful - 0
I had my son circumcised. It's much easier to be clean.  My cousin had 2 boys and did not have them circumcised, her oldest one kept getting infections all the time, obviously everyone doesnt... but you hear more problems about the ones who are uncircumcised. Also if they are not and they do end up having problems in the future and they have to get a circumcision anyway, it's going to hurt alot worse for them. Your choice, everyone's opinion.  I would talk to your doctor.
Helpful - 0
If i end up having a boy we will not be having him circumcised, it is unnecessary. My husband it's not and  neither are any of the men in his family. Plus It should be your sons choice when he is older.  I actually had a male friend in high school that hated his parents for having it done to him as a baby, he actually went through the pain to stretch out his foreskin again.  And anyone can get an infection circumcised or not....
Helpful - 0
If you can watch a video of a baby being strapped down and cut without shedding a tear, and if you educate yourself, www.drmomma.org plus a bunch of other sites (google it) and still think its the way to gothen go for it. But there is no medical reason for routine infant circumcision, and no organization in the world reccommends it
Helpful - 0
I'm having a boy and it's an easy answer for me. No circumcision. My husband isn't circumcised either so it was simple for us to choose. I honestly think it's a personal choice, but for me I think it's wrong. It's not my right to do that to my son. In my eyes it's genital mutilation and just as wrong to do that to a girl as it is a boy. Saying there are extra health problems is all a myth. You just learn how to clean the penis and so will he growing up. On rare occasions a doctor can botch the circumcision. It's also a fact that removing the skin takes away from his future sexual pleasure. Most European countries do not circumcise unless it is a religious belief. Here in America we continue this practice without any proper medical reasons. Those are just my opinions, but I hope they helped. Congrats on your future baby boy.
Helpful - 0
Yes, absolutely a personal choice with pros and cons to either side.  luck to all in making the best decision for their family.  peace
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum 35+ Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.