not pregnancy question.. for already mums

My son will be 4 weeks on wednesday,  for the past couple of days he seems constantly hungry. He has 4oz bottles but is now wanting them every 1-2 hours. He used to be every 3-4 hours. Is this normal? I'm worried I could be over feeding him... but the constant screaming is really wearing me down. I'm finding it really difficult to cope, and being a single mum I dont really have someone there to help when needed. Any advice would be appreciated. X
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Maybe try adding an oz every hr sounds a little to much but if he is happy and healthy it should be good
Helpful - 0
Thank you, I'll try that x
Helpful - 0
He's probably going through a growth spurt!!
Helpful - 0
Ask your dr if you can do an oz of water between feedings. He may be gassy and thinking the gas pain is hunger pain
Helpful - 0
He is probably cluster feeding because he's going through a growth spurt. (:
Helpful - 0
I have 3 kids ages 8, 5 and 4...17 weeks pregnant and I fed all of my kids the normal 4 oz but, I would put a little bit of cereal in the bottle. It helpes them to stay fuller longer w/out over feesing them. All my kids are normal weight to this day. My pediatritian said u cant give babies water that young so, I'd ask before doing it.
Helpful - 0
I have 5 children and pregnant again. All children feed differently. If your baby was born with good weight then chances is he is hungry. I feed all my children on demand, and none are over weight as they grow older. If hes feeding too much, maybe he needs a stronger formula like a plus or gold. Talk to your health care provider.
My youngest, which was 9lb born, was taking 5oz from birth. Every child is different. Make sure he doesnt get colic, by winding him several times. That will help...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum 35+ Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.