Women's Health: Postpartum Community

^^^^^^^^^^^^ OPEN FORUM SATURDAY ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow we still have some room to post so i thought that i would get this in, i know it's pretty quiet on the Weekends but you never know when were gonna run out of room.
I totally can relate.  my youngest is teething also and keeps biting her self.  The funnyest thing about potty training is when my dd goes poo on the potty and turns around to look in and its stuck on her bum.  She does it every time.  By the way all 3 of mine are girls.
just read last open forum and had to post more.  Are you sure we arent sister's or married to brothers.  Our families sound so similar except I don't have contact with my mom, was raised by grandmother and she is more than willing to babysit but i think she really is too old to babysit.  She's turning 80 in january.  With my mil she favors her doughter's kids.  They are on so much of a higher level than my kid's when it comes to her.  sometimes she act's like she thinks my kid's arent my husband's or something.  Do you get that?  I have been living in my house 4 years and can count how many times she's been here on one hand.
Ok had my checkup right - Guess what they DID NOT check me at all.  Is this something new that they do not do an exam at 6 weeks anymore because they did not check my sister either back in May or June at her check up.  I go in Dec for my annual exam.  I was right at cervical cancer 3 yrs ago so I was really surprised by this.  My last exam was July of 03 when I became pg with the baby I lost.  O well we will see in Dec how I am doing.  

Now the OMG part...  My baby will NOT let me put him down for anything and I frustrated.  My DD will NOT listen to me and I am tired of screaming at her and I have resorted to spanking her a lot more.  This is NOT the attention I want to give her.  She will go out of her way to be a pain in the A$$ though and I am at my wits end.  I am ready to pack my bags and walk out on this whole dang thing.  I feel so guilty feeling this way though because I had a m/c last year in Sept and God has given me this beautiful baby and a beautiful little girl 6 yrs ago but I can't help but feel this way.  I can't get anything in my house done and I feel bad that DH has to do it after a long day at work.  I feel so GUILTY AND I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!!!  This is not PPD because I do not feel depressed just overwhelmed and angry.  What can I do????  Thank you to everyone.
I tested positive for Group B strep - just found out today.  I am a little freaked out, even though I know the risks are very low when treated with antibiotics.  Anyone else go through this?  Should I be worried?  Could I get sick?  I read that 25% of all pregnant women test positive for GBS.  I was still shocked that I did.  (I am 38 weeks on Monday!)
Blondie- don't feel guilty. I have a 2 yr. old(potty training)  & 4 month old (teething) and I know how you feel. I too feel guilty when I have to have dh do things like put dishes in the washer or fold laundry after work. Just remember things will eventually calm down & get better and you and your husband are a team so let him help you.

sm8- That is totally how I feel about my MIL. I don't feel welcome in their family & my dh says I shouldn't feel that way. I just wish they wanted to spend more time with my precious babies. Hey, if you want to E-mail me my address is  ***@****
everyone carries the group b strep in them, it's just that some people have it somewhere other than its normal home. (which btw is in the bowel track i do beleive)
it isn't harmful to you, it's only harmful to the baby if they don't know about it and the baby inhales it. that's why they give antibiotics.  
i understand though i can't say i wouldn't freak out too if i tested + for it.

congrats on only having 2 more weeks left.....i'm jealous. :)
~nanci
sorry i forgot to comment to blondie.

with my ds i tore and so yes i was checked at my 6 week appointment, but i also assumed that was why to make sure that i was healing down there.  other wise i don't know if it is normal or not. i guess that is one of those HMMMM questions.
~nanci
My OB checked me & did a pap at my 6 week pp checkup.
I was checked at my 6 week ck up....I thought that was the norm.....I also tore but I honestly don't think that is why the did the ck....he did a regular exam and pap.
I tore upward instead of down (seems weird I know) and my doc didn't say one word about that upon exam.

Don't feel bad that dh has to help out......things will get better. Sorry I can't help you with your dd......my boys are 9 1/2 years apart.
Are TUMS ok to take while pregnant??
Well I am officially 2 days overdue.  Went for a non-stress test on Friday which was normal.  Baby's heartrate baseline was in the 130s and it peaked like normal. This is supposed to be a girl so her heart rate is kind of low, according to the old wives tale.  The ultrasound tech (who was a male) said girl but everyone who sees the ultrasound picture says it looks like a boy to them and now with that heartrate I am beginning to wonder.  I have started nesting finally today.  I felt such an urge to clean out my car and get the carseat all set and now I am attacking this house.  Although for me it is the weird parts of the house like closets and for some reason I just HAVE to get all pictures organized and in the scrapbook and laundry I have been obsessing over for the last 3 days.  So maybe anytime now.  Still no true signs of labor though.  I will keep you guys updated and keep your fingers crossed for me that I go SOON!  

Also just wondering how Shari's labor and delivery turned out. I'm thinking about you and hope to hear from you soon!
My son had 2 teeth when he was 3 1/2 months. The pediatrician was suprised they were in that soon.