13 week ultrasound...BOY?and the reason why i bled........

good morning wonderful women! well, low and behold i had an ulrasound yesterday afternoon and the tech and i both saw a penis! 2 weeks ago she said 85% sure that i was carrying a girl. you see i knew she was full of it! jeez! well, whatever's clever, and i will be happy with a baby boy, too. i will be the only one in my family, daycare, etc. that has 4 sons!!!!! the technician also told me that i will be coming back in a few weeks and well see the sex for sure, so i am not going to fret yet! the sweet baby is growing by leaps and bounds and he/she is very big and totally developed! moves like crazy, he/she is a hyper fetus! man! as far as the reason why i bled like a stuck pig throughout the past week was because my (i have the bicornuate uterus) left horn's endometrium was shedding it's lining. the OB and the u/s tech determined that was the reason. whew, i feel so much better that no i know why, that was sooooooo scary to have to go through that and not know why it's happening! so basically, i had a period at 12 weeks. all is well here and i hope you all are doing good too. thank you all, again, for your support and input during my tough time this past week. i can always count on you ladies!

have a great day!

-----sienna
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had a feeling that's what it was going to be!  I'm glad it worked out for you!  Too weird that the same thing happened to both of us at exactly the same time!
Helpful - 0
You are always so sweet in all your posts! Congrats on your son!! My MIL also had 4 boys! but her brother had 4 boys and then a girl! I am glad that everything is good with your pregnancy. I know this was 24 years ago but they told my mom I was a boy! She got all boy stuff! hope the next ~27 weeks are good!!
Helpful - 0
Awww a boy congrats!
Helpful - 0
heheheheheh!---we do not know for sure if that was a penis that we saw, let's hope that it was the umbilical cord! it could still be a girl though. i will not give up hope.

--sienna
Helpful - 0
It is still REALLY early to see anything for sure!
Helpful - 0
The u/s could just be showing the umbilical cord!  You could still have your girl!

Good luck and I'm glad you found that the bleeding is nothing serious.  Have a good one and enjoy your pregnancy!
Helpful - 0
They can do some test or something to tell.  They did it with me when we saw what we thought was a penis.  It turns blue or something.  I cannot remember exactly but if it is a penis I do not think color shows up - If it is blue it is cord.  I could be wrong but it is something like that.  Good Luck.  The good thing is - If it is a boy you will be an old pro LOL!!!!!!!!   I had a girl and 6 1/2 yrs later I had a boy OMG you'd swear I knew NOTHING about being a mom.  It was quite funny actually.
Helpful - 0
Are you talking about where they can do something with the u/s machine to see the difference in blood flow in a cord vs. a penis?
Helpful - 0
Yeah that's it.    Thanks ;o)
Helpful - 0
i am glad all is well! take care!
Helpful - 0
Thats great, what a relief. As far as the sex confusion, I would say that it is still really early to tell, especially if she did a regular 2d u/s. I would tend to lean more towards the 3d, because there is a lot more detail. But really I would just wait to settle on either untill your 19/20 wk u/s.
Good Luck..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.