18 weeks

Hi everyone, I'm at my 18 weeks now and out of nowhere i had a light and heavy brown discharge since yesterday. I went to a hospital yesterday and have everything check and the doctor said that everything is normal but up until now i still have light and heavy discharge. Im just worried even though the doctor already said that everything is fine.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think its fine I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I do a lot of reading, and it is normal to have light colored discharge as long as it doesn't turn red and clotting and cramping, I think you should be fine. I had a period with my first 2 for almost 4 months.....
Helpful - 0
I am a mother of 2 and expecting number 3 I dont know if this is your first but from my experiece that light disharge is fine light brown or pink, I think as long as your not cramping or having heavy bleeding or passing clots, I know our woman fluilds DO change...sorry so graphic, I do a lot of reading and they get thicker and all that good stuff......I know with my previous pregnancies, I had a period for almost 4 months, and my dr said it was fine.....good luck and dont worry....
Helpful - 0
oops I accidently sent two comments sorry....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.